Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hat People-my frustrating first order from them

Mister_Chad

New in Town
Has anyone had any trouble ordering from The Hat People? It has been 4 weeks since I placed my order. I decided to call last night and they tell me the first time they made it it was too small and they are making a new one. An email would have been nice and a better attitude on the phone when I called would have been even better. So now do I have to wait another 4 weeks? Im not impressed at all. I am impressed with their hats according to pictures and other pleased customers of theirs but why do I have to be the ONE to get terrible customer service. Im very dissapointed and frustrated. A forced and reluctant apology on their part just seems poor to me.:(

Mister_Chad

New in Town
thanks for the reply. I went with them seeing as though they got great reviews etc and now im left feeling really dissapointed. Thanks again-I will check out Simonds.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had a good experience with hat people. I liked the hat I received. If I were you I'd pressure them to do your hat more quickly seeing as it was their mistake. If you really disliked the service call them and cancel the order and do as Johnny said. Simonds caps look similar to my eye and his price is definitely competitive with Hatpeoples.

Mister_Chad

New in Town
Thanks casechopper-where do you order a simonds cap. i cant find a website or price listing or anything but i am new to this forum and trying to learn my way around. i googled it and it only came up as his thread on here. i must have missed it-help me out!

Mister_Chad

New in Town
Thank you so much. Very helpful casechopper. I am going to contact him on facebook. Much appreciate it! Have an awesome day. Since im conservative and we lost last night, i need a pick me up and ordering a slick hat will help my mood!

mando

New in Town
Kasora What ever will be will be . Same old same old I will work on it when I want to. Do not press me or you will not get anything. Thank you.:eusa_doh:

RBH

Bartender
Thank you so much. Very helpful casechopper. I am going to contact him on facebook. Much appreciate it! Have an awesome day. Since im conservative and we lost last night, i need a pick me up and ordering a slick hat will help my mood!

Kasora What ever will be will be . Same old same old I will work on it when I want to. Do not press me or you will not get anything. Thank you.:eusa_doh:

Whats up with these two post?

Mister_Chad

New in Town
still no hat. 6 weeks and still waiting. i was told they made the hat but it came out too small. still waiting....getting more and more upset about it. when i asked if they could ship it priority or overnight or something like that-they just told me well they could send me the hat that was too small. are you kidding me? this hat better be so damn amazing it blows my mind or i will never ever order from them again. this is insane.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I've dealt with them many times. The first time I got my cap very quickly, but hardly anyone seemed to know them outside of their show circuit. Their wait times are longer now, and I never get a cap in under a month. Perhaps they feel you lack patience by comparison to other customers? I must admit, though, the one time something went a little wrong, their communication wasn't so hot, but I think an odd request on my part left them a bit... unceratin. I'm sorry to hear that things have not gone well for you, and I hope that they resolve things soon.

I concur with HatsWV. I've ordered from Hat People three times in as many years, each order was problem free, I can't recall waiting more than two weeks from the time I placed my orders to the time I received my hats (though the fact that we're both on the west coast may have something to do with shorter shipping times), and all three hats were (and still are) flawless in my opinion.

That said, I can certainly sympathize with the frustration of placing a first order with a vendor you're unfamiliar with and not having things go well; it doesn't really inspire confidence in that vendor or create a desire to place a second order. I'm also curious about whether or not you received your hat and, if you did, what you thought of it?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe