Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've worked in the food service industry, and the less you know the more you'll enjoy your food.

Hi Travis

My son told me that the movie "Waiting" with Ryan Reynolds is actually a documentary. He worked at a Cici's pizza, a sports bar, and Buffalo Wild Wings. Do NOT irritate the people who touch your food...

later

Try finding a restroom in the dodgier parts of town. While I sympathize with the business owners in those areas when it comes to their concern about vandalism, making the restroom completely off limits (to even customers) only contributes to the general decay of the area because, unfortunately, people are just going to relieve themselves elsewhere.

Undertow

Isn't that strange? My favourite aunt used to work at the upscale food merchant David Wood, and she had the most horrifying experience (the WALL). I won't tell the rest here for many reasons, but mostly because we all have imaginations, and like to keep our meals down...

When I worked for Sears.com, we had an employee that did this about once a month. No one knew who it was, but it occured just before the lunch hour. We assumed it was a lady because it was the female rest room.

I don't think she tried cursive, though.

Undertow

...He worked at a Cici's pizza...and Buffalo Wild Wings...

OH GOD. Those are the two worst places to use a restroom, in my experience. They should be clean, but my god...oh lord...

I guess chalk it up to the clientele? Although I guess I have been known to haunt those locations in the past with a kind of horrific amazement upon entering the water closet.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Try finding a restroom in the dodgier parts of town. While I sympathize with the business owners in those areas when it comes to their concern about vandalism, making the restroom completely off limits (to even customers) only contributes to the general decay of the area because, unfortunately, people are just going to relieve themselves elsewhere.

You can't get more elemental in showing signs of society's decline than that. In a generation's time we've gone from fleets of cars traveling the country inspecting gas station restrooms to NO PUBLIC TOILETS. THIS MEANS YOU.

Hi Travis

My son told me that the movie "Waiting" with Ryan Reynolds is actually a documentary. He worked at a Cici's pizza, a sports bar, and Buffalo Wild Wings. Do NOT irritate the people who touch your food...

later

Most assuredly. My great-uncle's father owned a restaurant. Two couples came in one evening. One of the guys was emphatic that his steak be well done. He brought it to him the first time------not done enough. Second time---not done enough. His patience was gone by then. He took it back. Threw it on the floor(floors were cover with sawdust back then). Jumped up and down on it a few times and then picked it up washed it off and threw it back on the grill for ten more minutes. Third time----it was fine. He left saying it was the best steak he ever had. :rofl:

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
A couple weeks ago I found a nice used Heroine needle next to a toilet in Phoenix at a Circle K.

I saw "Waiting" before. I worked with raw meats and the things people I worked with did to meat would make you think twice about eating it. Plus it isn't like sick employees stay home. But of course the meat isn't exactly sterilized at a slaughterhouse before we got it.

Undertow

The Booboo bandit could pick ANY restroom it wanted really.

Although I agree (because really, someone capable of that probably isn't preoccupied with social mores), I believe it seemed more plausible to be a female just in the event that someone should walk in prior to or after the act without any suspicion raised. This calls for Sherlock Holmes!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Am I the only one that when walking down a grocery store isle, and I need to pass in front of someone that's looking at a shelf, say "excuse me"?
I feel like an antiquated troll when I do this, and am pleasantly surprised when the rare occasion someone says it to me :)

No, here's another antiquated troll. I think it confuses most people, but I can't not do it!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
No, here's another antiquated troll. I think it confuses most people, but I can't not do it!

Oh, me too. I probably said it about eight times today, and all of the recipients looked at me as though I was their mother.

The best is when you say "I beg your pardon?" to someone whom you didn't hear clearly - Their face! Most people just say "what" or "huh."

Thanks guys, it means a lot to me. I do what I think all Loungers do, try my best to be a good person.

I would bet that they really do. You seem to have a good grasp of 'common sense'....and appreciation for family.
Here in Hoosierland we can easily recognize...'genuine'.;)

I can second that as you know, not having met a person face to face, you can grasp the sense of some very good traits and morality from A.E.T. and those values are what life should really be about!

The only time that I ever use a fitting room is if I'm buying something pricey, so never. I usually buy vintage clothes via thrift shops. If it doesn't fit, I'll just pack it in the closet and likely toss it on eBay sooner or later.

I have never used a fitting room anywhere. For some reason you gal's do not mind using them, but for the life of me, I just cannot find it in me to use a fitting room. I will buy something, go home, try it on and if it does not fit, then I go all the way back to exchange or get a refund.

I almost think the fitting room is some sort of chamber that can allow just anyone to see you in a state you don't want to be seen in! lol! (Not that anyone is going to, but that is the feeling I get about them).

Most places do not allow things to be unclean. The worst places however for keeping clean are gas station restrooms. They top the list of nasty, in my book!

I worked at K-Mart for years and every time there was a call to clean a bathroom, it was the ladies. I had to to it once and a woman had defecated all over the floor and left her underwear behind. Most disgusting thing I've ever seen in a bathroom.

I think women's rooms are worse than the few times I've seen a men's room.

The absolutely worst bathroom experiences I have had is where someone decided to make use of the floor (not the toilet or near said toilet, but right in the middle of the floor). I have seen this in a fitting room and two public bathrooms in the past several years.

When I discussed these experiences with my husband, he stated that he has NEVER seen that in a men's room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82