Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you've got the goofy parents who say that if their kids express curiosity about pot they'll smoke some with them. :doh:

Now there is a clear case of child abuse and parental stupidity. There is a point at which NO is the correct word and DON'T DO IT BECAUSE I SAID SO, comes into its own. :p
I won't even mention the fool fathers that take their sons to houses of ill repute to experience the birds and the bees.:rolleyes::eusa_doh:

I bet Thanksgiving is going to be a real blast for that family this year.

(Incidentally, the boy's hand was reattached, and he's doing fine.)

I wonder what the boy's mother(the grandmother's daughter) thinks of this---I mean REALLY.
"Pass me a drumstick so I can hit you over the head with it." :p

I saw that his hand was reattached. Good thing it could be. Lesson learned for him.:eusa_doh:

Are you saying that you don't like The Honeymooners??:eeek:

Jackie Gleason brought forth a class of characters that were examples of how not to act and what not to do. The Honeymooners was one such example. You knew Ralph was a screw up and at the end of every show he learned his lesson---and he had plenty to learn. :p

And you can't compare The Honeymooners to Married with Children or even My Three Sons for that matter. :p

Edward

Bartender
Well James, it IS better to watch something to aspire to. BUTTTTT( a large one) most Americans would rather look down and say, well, at least I'm not that screwed up.

Pretty popular round here of late.

The Bundys were fun. Stuff I hated was rubbish like Friends where you were supposed to like them..

Flicka

One Too Many
I always tend to prefer flaw to perfection and bad example to good (Iwouldn't read as much historical non-fiction if that was not the case). Whenever someone holds up a picture and says 'this is what you should aspire to', I always find myself itching to point out the flaws that are invariably there. But to see good things among flaws is actually much more inspiring to me. To quote Jane Austen (whose books contain nothing but flawed people): "pictures of perfection, as you know, make me sick and wicked."

Edward

Bartender
Yep, Friends and Brothels on the same page. Gotta love that!! :D

Well given what they got paid for churning out that dross, I think back to Uncle Karl's thoughts on the matter of prostitution... ;)

I always tend to prefer flaw to perfection and bad example to good (Iwouldn't read as much historical non-fiction if that was not the case). Whenever someone holds up a picture and says 'this is what you should aspire to', I always find myself itching to point out the flaws that are invariably there. But to see good things among flaws is actually much more inspiring to me. To quote Jane Austen (whose books contain nothing but flawed people): "pictures of perfection, as you know, make me sick and wicked."

YES.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Then you've got the goofy parents who say that if their kids express curiosity about pot they'll smoke some with them. :doh:
This is where the whole "medical marijuana" thing is good. My state has very limited medical marijuana usage (only a few diseases qualify, no dispensaries, ect). If either of my children express curiosity in pot, I can simply tell them it's for cancer patients, just like any other drug that a doctor prescribes. However, that doesn't explain away all the other stuff out there. Back in my day, it was easier to get cocain, LSD, ect in the high schools than either booze or pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82