Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The general decline in standards today

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It certainly did go to trial, and the jury did elect to levy high punitive damages against McDonald's:

You're right. You'll have to forgive me, but it was not the Liebeck case I was thinking of. I reviewed this case and a similar one in my evidence law class in college and mixed up the names.

It's late, I've been out of college for a long time, and I haven't worked in civil litigation in a while.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
You'll have to forgive me, but it was not the Liebeck case I was thinking of. I reviewed this case and a similar one in my evidence law class in college and mixed up the names.

It's late, I've been out of college for a long time, and I haven't worked in civil litigation in a while.

No worries, honestly. There were a bunch of scalding cases against McDonald's back then, and it's easy to get them mixed up.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
nice Marc. you need that triple snap emoticon also...

Marc Chevalier is a gentleman, and graciously accepted my apology for contradicting him when I was clearly wrong. This may be hard for you to believe, but not everyone in the world is out to get one up on each other.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It can all be blamed on NASA:

Tang
TV Dinners
Pillsbury Food Sticks
In all fairness to NASA, they have some very strict guidelines for what they allow to be eaten by the crews in space flight. Most of the products (as of the mid to late 1980's and up to present date) are not even from the USA, but rather from Canada, as the have a higher standard then our FDA and Department of Agriculture for the varies quality levels of produce and meats. I only know this as I have a friend and that area was his specialty working for NASA.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
On that note.... why is it we need calorie counts on everything? If you're on a diet, you know you shouldn't be eating fatty stuff and you shouldn't need to look at a package to find out if it is. I get the ingredients part, because of special diets and things, but if I'm going to eat a bag of chips or some cookies, I'm going to eat them no matter what the calorie count is. I feel like we're being treated like morons.

The Nutrition Facts label is one of my best friends. I have diabetes and need the carbohydrate, and to a lesser extent, fat contents so I can adjust my insulin dosages for amount and time of release.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Marc Chevalier is a gentleman, and graciously accepted my apology for contradicting him when I was clearly wrong. This may be hard for you to believe, but not everyone in the world is out to get one up on each other.
I would hope everyone knows we are all well liked and that NO one would get even slightly "tiffed" by the miss-cue of a sentence now and again!

In all fairness to NASA, they have some very strict guidelines for what they allow to be eaten by the crews in space flight. Most of the products (as of the mid to late 1980's and up to present date) are not even from the USA, but rather from Canada, as the have a higher standard then our FDA and Department of Agriculture for the varies quality levels of produce and meats. I only know this as I have a friend and that area was his specialty working for NASA.

Sorry, neglected my :)
Of course I was joking!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The Nutrition Facts label is one of my best friends. I have diabetes and need the carbohydrate, and to a lesser extent, fat contents so I can adjust my insulin dosages for amount and time of release.
Well, I have suffered myself in life, I have MS but have had some really sweet special treatments from having stem cell and AHCC along with other medical treatments and right now, I am actually just hunky friggin dory medically!

scooter

Practically Family
It can all be blamed on NASA:

Tang (what the astronauts drink after all)
TV Dinners (just blame the space-agey jetsons)
Pillsbury Food Sticks (what the astronauts eat after all)

My friend, there is more truth here than most people realize. The fact of the matter is, it is not what you sell, it is how you sell it. Marketing people today, with enough time, could and would, sell rat poison to people if they thought it would earn them a profit.

And before you start spouting off, James, the trick is in the presentation. Are people responsible for their own consumption? Yes, but it is much harder to act responsibly when you have the little devil on your shoulder whispering at you on TV, radio, newspaper, internet, etc. As I said earlier, hook 'em young and you hook 'em for life.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez.... one little complaint.... then off to paint the kitchen and I come back to over 10/20 pages :eeek:

All I meant was:

On a diet....

Apple = good
Cookie = bad
No one should need a diagram for that.

wow........
Let me see...instructions look like it was written in some language I do not understand...place bolt "b" in front of bracket "3 -a", twist over diagram shown in figure "3" on back of page two...hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter