Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Flat Head Single Rider's Jacket (and a type 2)

Benj

One of the Regulars
Got this a few weeks ago but wanted to sell my old RMC before I posted this one up... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Flat head uses heavy Shinki leather and I absolutely love this jacket!

zBuGjJY.jpg

iGIXQvd.jpg

LDojAMJ.jpg

scM3Ozr.jpg

Lined with a proprietary selvedge herringbone buffalo check flannel...

FIydX4I.jpg

The pocket facings also have a proprietary selvedge fabric, this one is used as the pocketbags on some of their jeans

08WYLNQ.jpg

The inside of the pocket first starts with leather though.

cJoUSqY.jpg

Rayon (I think) tag

GI9k6RO.jpg

Matte zippers etc... with "F. HEAD" rather than Talon

ehPgUim.jpg

Flat Head engraved neck snap...

kbVh3t0.jpg

Beautiful leather!

BpfVTWI.jpg

A fit...

CjKYoJn.jpg

Just for fun, another Flat Head jacket I've had. I've owned this for about 1.5 years. Fun fact, the jacket and jeans are the exact same fabric, but the jeans have been worn a lot more.

5c09gx7.jpg

Ng2NWks.jpg

Hope I've stirred up a little lust! ;)

Very nice!

The FH jackets fit you well. The shoulders are too wide for me.
Well done.

Last edited:

Benj

One of the Regulars
All the kind words are very appreciated!

Yes, I really am stoked with this jacket! One of the best things about it is that it's just really really comfortable. One of the main reasons I sold the RMC was that I found it to be a jacket I couldn't wear and be natural in - the upper arms were so tight, I couldn't even wear a t shirt without feeling uncomfortable because the sleeve would bunch up as I slid my arm in.

With this one, the arms are pretty huge. T shirts are no problem because they fit without being pushed back, and I can even wear thick wool sweaters under the damn thing!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Great pick up. Flat Head/RJB quality is unbeatable (I have quite a few pieces from both as well). I just wish I liked the designs of their leather jackets more. The construction is fantastic, regardless.

Love that type two as well! I much prefer that design to the type III. Just wish I was brave enough to pull off the Canadian tux

Cooperson

One Too Many
I don't own a racer but I appreciate the style. Looks very well made from here and the fit is just right. I'd say it's a keeper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe