Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

A-List Customer
Today, upon walking into a camping/hiking store wearing my new Akubra Hemp Range:

The clerk says, "It's hot as hell out there. What on Earth are you doing wearing a hat on a day like today?"

I respond, "Silly me. And I'm wearing underwear, too. Would you like to see?"

That shut him up.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

AlterEgo said:
Today, upon walking into a camping/hiking store wearing my new Akubra Hemp Range:

The clerk says, "It's hot as hell out there. What on Earth are you doing wearing a hat on a day like today?"

That shut him up.

MartyH

New in Town
This morning, I'm walking to the train station in black Reeboks, black shorts (below-knee length, I'm no barbarian!), short-sleeved gray shirt with printed dice... and a white Panama, Fedora style. It is summer, warm and sunny.

I cross paths with a young couple. The girl giggles, maybe there was a whispered comment before that. The guy says to me:

"Wazzup, Mexico?"

Partial credit for getting the continent right, but...

I had a train to catch, so I declined to educate him on Panama, Ecuador and the look of a sombrero charro.

MartyH said:
This morning, I'm walking to the train station in black Reeboks, black shorts (below-knee length, I'm no barbarian!), short-sleeved gray shirt with printed dice... and a white Panama, Fedora style. It is summer, warm and sunny.

I cross paths with a young couple. The girl giggles, maybe there was a whispered comment before that. The guy says to me:

"Wazzup, Mexico?"

I had a train to catch, so I declined to educate him on Panama, Ecuador and the look of a sombrero charro.

Mexico? :eusa_doh:
"Wazzup, Dumbass of the World?":rolleyes:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
MartyH said:

"Wazzup, Mexico?"

'Hey, careful, man, your insecurity is sticking out.'

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
MartyH said:
"Wazzup, Mexico?"

Mexico and Ecuador are not on the same continent. Ecuador is in South America. Mexico is in North America. ;)

NDW76

New in Town
This morning, wearing a black fedora with a 2 1/2 inch brim, I got the cowboy comment from an old man passing on a bus. He felt it necessary to lean out the window and shout 'Cowboy' at me.

Made me thing of the saying, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

NDW76 said:
This morning, wearing a black fedora with a 2 1/2 inch brim, I got the cowboy comment from an old man passing on a bus. He felt it necessary to lean out the window and shout 'Cowboy' at me.

Made me thing of the saying, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt."

Geez, makes you want to point and yell "Old Man!":rolleyes: :p

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
AlterEgo said:

That shut him up.

...Reminds me why I love this thread so much. lol

NDW76

New in Town
jamespowers said:
Geez, makes you want to point and yell "Old Man!":rolleyes: :p

He was an old Thai man, so 'Cowboy' could have been one of the three English words he knew and I'm sure 'Old' and 'Man' were not the other two. He seemed so proud at being able to say an English word to a Caucasian all I could do was smile at him.

NDW76 said:
He was an old Thai man, so 'Cowboy' could have been one of the three English words he knew and I'm sure 'Old' and 'Man' were not the other two. He seemed so proud at being able to say an English word to a Caucasian all I could do was smile at him.

lol lol lol Did he have about three teeth left to smile back at you? :p
What were the other two words he knew? Money and Free? :p

LordBest

Practically Family
Had the following little exchange with some gentlemen (in the broadest sense of the word) in their 40s outside my favourite cheese and wine merchant. Not the first time I've used this response but I think the first time I've posted it here. I guess all they saw was the tweed overcoat, cap and brogues:

Man: "Hey, its not the 1940 anymore mate" (his two friends laugh)
LB: "What?"
Man: "You shouldn't be wearing that shit, its not the 1940s" (more laughter)
LB: "I say, isn't it?"
Man: "Err, no"
LB: "What year is it then?"
Man: "Twentyten"
LB: "Great Scott, everyone I ever loved is dead!"
Men: Awkward silence.
LB: "Oh well, can't be helped. Good day, gentleman" (Doffs cap and continues into the store.

It was 7c, 45f out at the time, and the men were wearing shorts and complaining about the cold, to give you some idea of the type.

Wildblue

One of the Regulars
LordBest said:
Had the following little exchange with some gentlemen (in the broadest sense of the word) in their 40s outside my favourite cheese and wine merchant. Not the first time I've used this response but I think the first time I've posted it here. I guess all they saw was the tweed overcoat, cap and brogues:

Man: "Hey, its not the 1940 anymore mate" (his two friends laugh)
LB: "What?"
Man: "You shouldn't be wearing that shit, its not the 1940s" (more laughter)
LB: "I say, isn't it?"
Man: "Err, no"
LB: "What year is it then?"
Man: "Twentyten"
LB: "Great Scott, everyone I ever loved is dead!"
Men: Awkward silence.
LB: "Oh well, can't be helped. Good day, gentleman" (Doffs cap and continues into the store.

It was 7c, 45f out at the time, and the men were wearing shorts and complaining about the cold, to give you some idea of the type.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Oh, that's a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld