Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
avedwards said:
When I walk about town in a trench coat and fedora idiots constantly call me "Inspector Gadget" which is ridiculous, as my fedoras are black and grey so they should either say private detective or say nothing. My friends call me Inspector Morse or Captain Hastings (Poirot's friend) which don't mind so much, as these are more sensible characters.

Even odder yet, the other day I was called "Inspector Gadget" several times as well as having the theme hummed at me. What was I wearing, you ask? My black Aussie oilskin duster (minus cape) and a dark heather gray scally cap.

Jerekson

One Too Many
WildCelt said:
Even odder yet, the other day I was called "Inspector Gadget" several times as well as having the theme hummed at me. What was I wearing, you ask? My black Aussie oilskin duster (minus cape) and a dark heather gray scally cap.

Bizarre. I've never understood the Inspector Gadget thing...from what I can remember he wore like a burberry coat and a grey bucket hat, right? I mean, that's a pretty distinctive look...

Call me crazy but when I see someone wearing a black jacket and a grey cap I would think just about anything but Inspector Gadget.

Recently I had someone tag me as "that guy that looks like Indiana Jones. Or 40's or whatever".
At least they sort of got it with the 40's thing, but the dismissive "whatever" at the end sort of disgruntled me. Eh.

BTW Wildcelt, was that the duster that you hooked me up with? ;)

To me rabbit and chicken have similar atributes, they are good vehicles for any spices or sauces that they have been cooked with, and both are somewhat mild flavored to begin with. Rabbit does have a lot of bones so some care needs to be taken when eating it.

The last time I had rabbit was at the Brotherton's Restaurant in Pasadena, which is long gone now.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
The Wire and Men's Style

I was watching the final episode of season 2 of my new favorite tv show, "The Wire," last night (yes, I'm behind on it, but that's why I love Netflix). Two of the characters were in a car, staking out criminals. Jimmy McNulty is sloppily-dressed, always looking like he just rolled out of bed; Bunk Moreland is always natty and in a two- or three-piece suit, often pinstripes. They are on the lookout for a gang leader who is himself well-dressed, and McNulty, like many of them homophobic, wants to dig at Bunk. But it backfires on him:

McNulty: "You know what they call men who spend time on their clothes?"

Bunk: "Yeah...grown-ups."

No hats, and the scene is paraphrased, but I thought fellow Loungers reading these threads would appreciate it.

John in Covina said:
To me rabbit and chicken have similar atributes, they are good vehicles for any spices or sauces that they have been cooked with, and both are somewhat mild flavored to begin with. Rabbit does have a lot of bones so some care needs to be taken when eating it.

The last time I had rabbit was at the Brotherton's Restaurant in Pasadena, which is long gone now.

You make several good points. I was thinking the same thing when I responded to the above comment. It tastes like whatever you make it taste like. ;) :p
The bone part is what made me just forget about eating it for the last few years and that is something considering I have a absolutely fresh from the farm source pretty close to you down there in Riverside. :D
My mother used to make it fairly regularly when she was still with us.

jazzncocktails said:
I was watching the final episode of season 2 of my new favorite tv show, "The Wire," last night (yes, I'm behind on it, but that's why I love Netflix). Two of the characters were in a car, staking out criminals. Jimmy McNulty is sloppily-dressed, always looking like he just rolled out of bed; Bunk Moreland is always natty and in a two- or three-piece suit, often pinstripes. They are on the lookout for a gang leader who is himself well-dressed, and McNulty, like many of them homophobic, wants to dig at Bunk. But it backfires on him:

No hats, and the scene is paraphrased, but I thought fellow Loungers reading these threads would appreciate it.

Having a two year old at home makes me want to add "and combing their hair" to that first question for a more authentic approach to the question. ;) :p

ortega76

Practically Family
John in Covina said:

The best rabbit I ever had was at Frontera Grill in Chicago. Rabbit fajitas. They were spicy and the meat had a wonderful texture.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I had rabbit not so long ago at an Italian Roman style restaurant in Haberfield Sydney. Delicious. Having eaten it a lot as child in the 1960s I have always liked its taste. Then I have the other sensory treat of putting it on my head...not the same rabbit of course!

Jerekson

One Too Many
Should we make an official rabbit meat thread?

jazzncocktails said:

That just about nailed it. Who's the writer, I'll call him.

JohnnyB53

One of the Regulars
John in Covina said:
To me rabbit and chicken have similar atributes, they are good vehicles for any spices or sauces that they have been cooked with, and both are somewhat mild flavored to begin with....
But rabbit makes for better felt. :p

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
^lol :D lol

thank you, that just made my day, and I really needed a good laugh. Hmm...I don't know, I'd be game to try it though, I'll try just about anything once.

“I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.” Mae West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe