Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Deck Jacket thread.

barnabus

One Too Many
Just got an email from Silverman's today. They've got a sale on at the moment on their deck jackets.

I don't have one of theirs, but have always thought they looked very good value for money, and even better at the sale price.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Just got an email from Silverman's today. They've got a sale on at the moment on their deck jackets.

I don't have one of theirs, but have always thought they looked very good value for money, and even better at the sale price.

Looking for a proxy in the UK; they don't seem to ship to the US...:(
Hoping a UK-based Lounger can proxy one of these for me.

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking for a proxy in the UK; they don't seem to ship to the US...:(
Hoping a UK-based Lounger can proxy one of these for me.

Odd. I just ordered a whole bunch of stuff from them earlier this summer and got charged 20% less, too, due to VAT refund.

I actually need to sell one of the things I got (deadstock RAF sunglasses that are *stunning* but the temples are just slightly too short for me).

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Odd. I just ordered a whole bunch of stuff from them earlier this summer and got charged 20% less, too, due to VAT refund.

I actually need to sell one of the things I got (deadstock RAF sunglasses that are *stunning* but the temples are just slightly too short for me).
Yeah, maybe I should have tried to order from my laptop. On the phone it definitely gave me an error.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, maybe I should have tried to order from my laptop. On the phone it definitely gave me an error.
Weird. The website when accessed on the laptop still says that they cannot ship the 99-pound (sale) N-1 to the US, but they can ship the 335-pound Pike Brothers N-1. Is it because the first one is on sale? Anyhoo, I am glad I did not bother barnabus in vain proxying for me. I will post some pics when I get it. Looks great on the pics barnabus sent me.

CatsCan

Practically Family
The pockets seem positioned very low on the pictures, more like the later A-2 versions. Don't know, but "Possibly the best reissue WWII USN type N1 deck jacket" is a little...uhm... but I am also curious how it looks in fit pics of a fellow lounger.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The pockets seem positioned very low on the pictures, more like the later A-2 versions. Don't know, but "Possibly the best reissue WWII USN type N1 deck jacket" is a little...uhm... but I am also curious how it looks in fit pics of a fellow lounger.
I would gladly post pics, but damn UPS lost my package that barnabus, at great and generous expense of his time, proxied and shipped to me. I just claimed a loss, still hope they find it somehow, but it looks like morons delivered it somewhere else... smh

CatsCan

Practically Family
Sad to hear. It's a shame. How parcels can get lost in our times is something that is beyond my brains capacity. One should think that they could track them wherever they are, at any stage of the process.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Sad to hear. It's a shame. How parcels can get lost in our times is something that is beyond my brains capacity. One should think that they could track them wherever they are, at any stage of the process.
Tracking shows DELIVERED at "office", which is not at my address, signed for by Miguel, who is not here, either. Normally UPS has a pic of the package at my door, but not this time. Coincidence? I think not. Morons.

CatsCan

Practically Family
"Miguel" must have noticed that there was another persons name and adress on the parcel. If I was Miquel, I would have sent it to this adress with a note that I had received it wrongly.

4444Design

A-List Customer
Even though the A2 deck jackets are not as fancy as the early N1 versions i still think they're part of the history and for me they have an "collectable" status.

The first A2 i got was a "sidebuy" and part of a lot of USN gear i won on EBAY. That was about 12 yrs ago ...

Meanwhile i managed to get hand on some of the more rare versions like early variants, special services aso.

In total i own 3 "submarine-service" A2

STMI1MX.jpg

The jackets saw service on the USS JAMES MONROE, USS POGY and USS POMODON.

XkcAwVb.jpg

USS POGY and USS POMODON are early A2 variants which is indicated by the triangular pocketflaps. Timeframe is VIETNAM war ...
Both jackets came fully patched - the patch on the JAMES MONROE was added by me - indicator for the service on a sub on this particular jacket is the original stencil on the back

bZK6aHQ.jpg

All jackets are size "L" (42-44) and in pretty good condition.

Anyone of you guys wants to get rid of an A2 pls let me know ...

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The drama is over. UPS delivered to a local pickup location, not my address, and never bothered to notify me. Merely showed DELIVERED on tracking. Spent an hour on the phone with them before someone told me where it is... Oh well. I think the fit is pretty good, a nice utilitarian jacket from Silverman's that should work for me in Poland in December (may be too warm, given what the hell is going on with the weather, lol).

PXL_20240818_153032596~3.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld