Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cavanagh Club

singlechange

One of the Regulars
A big thank you to all the nice comments on Cavanagh Forty. I don't know if the viewers can see the inscription "Gen James H Stratton." Someone said he may have been involved in the D-Day invasion of Normandy Beach in WWII. It was one of those lucky acquisitions and finds where seller may not have been aware what he had in hand. My grandfather used to call such an opportunity "Reaching for the hair of an angel," hair so fine that it was nearly invisible and a rare chance to act and take it.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
A big thank you to all the nice comments on Cavanagh Forty. I don't know if the viewers can see the inscription "Gen James H Stratton." Someone said he may have been involved in the D-Day invasion of Normandy Beach in WWII. It was one of those lucky acquisitions and finds where seller may not have been aware what he had in hand. My grandfather used to call such an opportunity "Reaching for the hair of an angel," hair so fine that it was nearly invisible and a rare chance to act and take it.
Great find! A piece of history rescued.

singlechange

One of the Regulars
Looks like a great hat. Are you able to post additional and larger photos?
Alan,
Thanks for your comment. No labels of any kind underneath the leather sweat band for your information. I will gladly post additional and larger photographs later this week. I am involved in time consuming job related matter but I hope to be done with it very soon. Is there some specific area of the fedora to photograph which you think might be of particular interest to forum members? Any input from you is always welcome.

Inside and outside photos are nice to have on the dedicated manufacturer threads. I was directed to the eBay auction and was able to see it well in those photos.

singlechange

One of the Regulars
UdwWdj.jpg
r09Z7Z.jpg
YpxzAk.jpg
fY5C4k.jpg
Inside and outside photos are nice to have on the dedicated manufacturer threads. I was directed to the eBay auction and was able to see it well in those photos.
Here are some bigger and closeup photographs.
EZDbCt.jpg

Last edited:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Nice to see the larger photos! It could have been made any time between 1936 and 1950/51, so most likely 1940s. Can't narrow it to a particular decade with factory labels.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

RJR

I've posted this elsewhere, but never on the appropriate Cavanagh Club thread. Sweet Cav that is now taken over by MrsFed as it doesn't fit me, all to my great consternation.

i-wbHLB2L.jpg

i-cqj4kBF-L.jpg

i-8ngzsqw-L.jpg
That Cav is great on her and the bash is spectacular.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
It doesn't hold the front pinch and side dents very well, so we may steam it for that... but probably not. It's such a sweet hat otherwise. When boxed, I pop it back out to open crown.

Bob, you're just a trouble maker aren't you? LOL. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82