Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

DamianM

Vendor
Homemade. John from Cordova gave me some tips when I met him at the Set shop. His caps are perfect though. Very nice Cat.

12 inches wide. oh yeah its big :)

1379793_566044443431037_1239945391_n.jpg

needs a little padding
1381334_566044426764372_1834746615_n.jpg

528216_566044436764371_1408829451_n.jpg

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Rare unused pleated cap on ebay! If you haven't seen it, look in the "Vintage Finds" thread.

$T2eC16dHJIIFHJ3veJeoBSSybFwhTw~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJEQFJG!3nMyWBSSy,8ZD(g~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJDgFIr3IO95GBSTu)vIRWQ~~60_4.JPG

Size 6 7/8. It might even stretch up to a 7. Seller says it has a 10 1/4 inch width on top with the visor extending to 2 1/2 inches at center.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thanks for the heads-up, J. What a beauty.

Damian! That is a killer lid - great work! I saw it on your FB profile for a while and assumed it was vintage. Very impressed.

I'm getting ready to try my own hand at making one, but I'm not expecting great things. Good thing Johnny and Barry are looming nearby to take my money for one made the right way!!

That's a really good looking cap Damian. It goes great with what you are wearing in the pic. Good job

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Next to Brassai pictures Jean Gabin movies are the number one source for french casquette p*rn.
He doesn't always sing chansons though. I only took this scenes because they are in bars with many frenchmen (=cap wearers)

[video=youtube_share;7rPPcxOJSKw]http://youtu.be/7rPPcxOJSKw[/video]

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Totally loved the film clips, FlatFoot - I need to hunt down these films in their entirety - I love the camerawork and atmosphere. And casquette p-rn is a hilarious way to put it - no wonder my palms were sweaty watching it!

Metatron

One Too Many
I've been looking for a good cap but did not want to spend much, and wasn't having much luck finding what I wanted.
In the lower price ranges you commonly get things like stiff peaks, completely stitched down and indistinguishable from the brim.
This is bad in my opinion because it gives the cap a rigid appearance and prevents you from adjusting the cap to nonchalant perfection.

I was pleasantly surprised by Jaxon hats.
I wasn't expecting their caps to be much good, but thought I'd give them a shot, since they are quite popular.

It's a very serviceable cap.

Not 1930s wide, but with a classic shape, a generously deep back and nicely floppy and adjustable.
There is the snap on the brim configuration which is hard to find in this price range, and a peak stiffener which thankfully is not under the lining, and thus easily removable.

I probably wouldn't go for their wool/poly blend models, but they do offer corduroy and 100% wool ones as well.

Anyway, thought I'd share an option for the cheapskates! ;)

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hey, nice one Metatron! Great color cord and the size gives you more of a French casquette look. At the end of the day it's not about the price but about finding something that feels good on your head, and is adjustable enough to give you some options on how to wear it.

PS: love the Heart of Glass avatar!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82