Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Ragnar

New in Town
Looks 100% better Andy. I like the second photo. Looks like its tilted a bit. Definitely gives a nice edge. And buying winter clothing in summer saves you money.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Looks 100% better Andy. I like the second photo. Looks like its tilted a bit. Definitely gives a nice edge. And buying winter clothing in summer saves you money.

Thanks, Ragnar. It does look better tilted to the side. It's still a full cap for my narrow face, but far better I think than the B! Wear - and this cost significantly less.

I have a medium cut Hat People cap on order. I expect it takes a month or so to arrive...
I like the way the medium cut looks on their model (in the photo posted on their website), but I don't think it would look right on my "somewhat wide oval" head. Besides, I like the way their full cut looks on me so there's really no need for me to deviate from that.

As for delivery times, I think it simply depends on how busy they are at the time you place your order. I placed my most recent order with them on April 26th and my hat arrived May 8th, a little under two weeks total. But then, we're both on the west coast so I received my hat the day after they shipped it; delivery to Ohio will probably take a little longer.

I know... it's a winter cap. But I'd appreciate your thoughts on this one. I think it fits better than the B! Wear...
The wider brim alone looks better than the B! Wear cap, and the material drapes better on your head. And I have to agree with Ragnar, that side tilt gives it a little "attitude" that suits you well. ;)

Do these companies not use any interfacing in the crown? Or is the construction just not right? I've never liked the floppy BWear caps, and hat people the same. The second one here is better, but still a bit too floppy for my tastes.

DSCN1304_zps2cf776c6.jpg

DSCN1335_zps33cc5d50.jpg

Do these companies not use any interfacing in the crown? Or is the construction just not right? I've never liked the floppy BWear caps, and hat people the same.
I don't know about the B! Wear caps, but on the Hat People caps I own the inner lining is not connected to the crown material in any way except where the two are joined at the sweatband, and there doesn't appear to be any material between the two that might shape the crown differently from what you see in the photos. This is why I made the comment back in post #3836 that I don't think they're ideal if you're looking for that classic "pancake" look (like in the image posted by Johnny J in post #3825), but they do have the nice relaxed drape of a well-used cap (which is what I think you're referring to by your use of the term "floppy"). I don't care for that stiff "classic" look myself, which is one of the reasons I like Hat People's caps; it's merely a matter of personal taste.

yes, that's what I mean. I'm not using floppy as a pejorative, merely as a descriptor.;)

I once knew a mechanical engineer whose research involved working out how tall something could be before it fell over. He was in an ongoing argument over whether the point of lean just before the structure fell over should be called "flopping" or "plopping".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82