Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Hepville

One of the Regulars
Yeah Johnny, I guess it will be a nice one. The pieces will need a very accurate cutting with almost zero tollerance to get the lines matching.

I´ve seen another striped linen one from the same company and may take this one, too:
83057,bildschirmfoto20120626um195749NOPLE.png

What do you fellow loungers think?

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Yeah Johnny, I guess it will be a nice one. The pieces will need a very accurate cutting with almost zero tollerance to get the lines matching.

I´ve seen another striped linen one from the same company and may take this one, too:
83057,bildschirmfoto20120626um195749NOPLE.png

What do you fellow loungers think?

Bela, Personally, I like this one better than the first that you had shown.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
@Ed, Che, Manfred, Tom & Bela: Thank you guys, Johnny is quite a talent! The cap is really fluffy and soft but holds up so well.
Still cold here, about +15° Celsius, so I can wear it. Other wise it will be a nice cap for autumn, winter ans spring.

@Bela: I like the second fabric best as well. Those stripes look so very vintage to me.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I was in L.A. today and picked up a couple of more wool fabrics - similar to Donegal Tweeds:

MixedDonagel.jpg

CloseUpMixedDonagel.jpg

Medium/Heavy weight mixed colors

CloseUpDarkOliveDonegal.jpg

DarkOliveDonegal.jpg

This one is like Dark Olive Green w/flecks - Medium weight

I have also been picking up VTG wool fabrics. These next 3 are from the 1950s:
VTG1950sCheck.jpg

VTG1950sCloseUpCheck.jpg

VTG1950sBlack.jpg

VTG1950sCloseUpBlack.jpg

VTG1950sPlaid.jpg

VTG1950sCloseUpPlaid.jpg

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Fellow Loungers,
since many of you have been very helpful with the caps I am starting to make, and have been with me since the very beginning, I would like to share with you my new logo:

Picture6.png

Cordova is my last name. What do you all think? This will go in the liners.

Hepville

One of the Regulars
A fine logo Johnny!!!

Bruce, Frank, Rudie: I´ll take the first striped linen to check the quality. If it´s good I´ll take the other one, too.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Great logo, Johnny! I love the design.

I would drop the "vintage style", though. To me it kinda gives the impression of the caps not being authentic in their own right but just retro copies. If I were you I'd prefer something along the lines of "Cordova Custom Caps" or "Cordova Handmade Caps". Just a suggestion. ;)

Lord Brett

New in Town
Some time ago I finally found the hat that suited me - a black knitted Bretton Fisherman's Cap. It's finally starting to show its age and I've ordered a couple more online in the same basic style, though it's always a shot in the dark buying a hat you haven't tried on.

hat1.jpg

hat2.jpg

The second hat cost over three times more than the first, so it'll be interesting to see which I prefer.

So I collected my new headgear from the post office this morning, and both models look to be very nicely made hats - the photo of the first one doesn't do it justice. The trouble is that they are both too small!

Can anyone point a newcomer towards a guide for working out one's hat size?

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
Fellow Loungers,
since many of you have been very helpful with the caps I am starting to make, and have been with me since the very beginning, I would like to share with you my new logo:

Cordova is my last name. What do you all think? This will go in the liners.
Great choice for the liner! Can't wait to see it in place. Agree with Rudie, I think Cordova Handmade Caps would suffice.

Last edited:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I actually changed my order with Johnny so now instead of the brown wool, I'm going with this:

CloseUpMixedDonagel.jpg

I have a waistcoat dated 1921 that uses a very similar fabric. I think this will make an extremely authentic looking cap!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Johnny, why not use one of these images for your logo? I'm sure they are public domain at this point and it really shows exactly what you're all about!

IMG_0314.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Fellow Loungers,
since many of you have been very helpful with the caps I am starting to make, and have been with me since the very beginning, I would like to share with you my new logo: Cordova is my last name. What do you all think? This will go in the liners.

Johnny; The new logo is SHARP! I humbly suggest that the bottom line may be re-thought to read "Hand-made, Finest Quality." In my mind the uniqueness of a "custom" cap is a special feature to be marketed and ultimately prized by te consumer. Perhaps a way to identify the end consumer may considered. A suggestion to this would be a tag with the consumer's name in it. This would kind of be like the "Heck this hat is yours.." card/tag found in custom felt hats.

I love th design. It will look sharp in liners!

Excited to be in line for a "Vintage Style Cap", Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe