Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
After some weeks of busy working now I´ve took the time and read about 20 pages here ... and tadaa... we have a new cap maker.
Great stuff Johnny J.! Congrats to your fine caps, very well done and you do a good line management!!!
I need to have one of your caps for myself! What do you think about a little swap... you make me one/ I´ll make you one? :D

I guess I need to have some of those Donegal Tweeds for my caps, too...

Hello Bela, thats not a bad idea. And thanks for the compliments! I will PM you later.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
:cool: Yup I'll get My Package soon enough too !
better that i am #4 in the Cue & worth the Wait i bet !!!
Dont Rush it J J. Like Fine wine Take's some time.........:cool:

Thanks Che for your patience. I just hope everyone is pleased with their caps. Right now I'm shopping for one of those cylinder arm sewing machines to help me install the leather sweats in the caps with that zig zag stitching like the vintage caps have. Hopefully I'll have one this week!

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
It´s here! First thing after last nights shift was showing up at the customs office in my hometown to pick up my "The Cap Maker"-cap. Johnny has sent me a professional invoice so no difficulties here. As you have to unpack your parcels in front of the customs officer I got my first impression right there. It was very carefully packed and thus arrived safely in Germany.
The one thing that I noticed is that the wool cap is very, very soft and floppy. Even the leatherband is butter soft! At home I stuck it right onto my head and it fits like a glove. Due to the leatherband it sits securely on the head so the wind won´t blow it off easily. The liner is a shiny, champagne-colored acetat on which the only thing I miss is a nicely embroidered "The Cap Maker"-sign. :D Well, things to come in the future I suppose.
The brim looked very thick on Johnny´s photos but I can assure you that is looks quite normal in the flesh. The complete shape of the cap holds up very well and that even despite of it´s floppyness. I was concerned if the back would be too deep for my taste but I find it has just the right amount of deepness.
Unfortunately our german summer is much more like autumn so I can start wearing it right now which is kind of a solace. :D It´s nice to have another cap made by a forum member and I am very exited to see what´s next from Johnny.
Good job, thanks a lot mate! :eusa_clap

DSCN2790.jpg

DSCN2782.jpg

DSCN2777.jpg

DSCN2778.jpg

DSCN2802.jpg

DSCN2803.jpg

DSCN2804.jpg

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Nice one, Frank... and Johnny! I like how the brim has more of a curve in it than the retro sport caps. I've been attempting to bend the brim on my Retro and it improves the way the cap looks on me, but it's very stubborn in going back to being flat.

The only thing is if the sheep that grew that wool gets in my place, it will probably end up getting fed to the dogs :p

Last edited:

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
LOL Jason! The wool is very soft to the touch, it does look quite coarse on the photo though. :D Apart from that I feel the same way about the brim as you.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I'm very happy you liked your cap Frank! And yes, I am working on a logo for the inside of the caps, but I am trying to avoid embroidering; more like what Mister Freedom did with their cap logo's. Also, this is just the beginning. As time goes by the vintage look and dimensions will even get better! I shipped out another cap today to a lounger so hopefully in a couple of days we should see pics of that one too. Thanks guys!

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
And yes, I am working on a logo for the inside of the caps, but I am trying to avoid embroidering; more like what Mister Freedom did with their cap logo's.

Just joking Johnny! I am sure you will come up with something nicely. I also keep thumbs pressed for the new sewing machine although the seem on my sweatband is perfect!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap ST. V :eusa_clap
Super Time Capsule Cap !
The Kid Nailed it, Johnny J
looks Good from all angals...
is it warm on the noggin.....?
i like , i like:cool:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
DSCN2782.jpg

Great Cap Johnny, Frank you have a nice one to wear there. The fabric looks soft enough that the darts are rounded too. An that brim is great
should see mine by the end of the week hopefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe