Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Bound Brim Balbi Borsalino Bronzo Feather Weight "Hyde Park"

5665185667_afe4b24de4_b.jpg

5665748304_7ee966978c_z.jpg
5665744306_71c92af1d9_z.jpg

Your new featherweights are fantastic. Logic says that these must have been sold in many hat shops, but I don't remember seeing one that didn't have Salvatore Balbi's stamp? And I always thought pizza was the greatest gift from Naples.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wait 'till you go to Bencraft Hats.

You mean there's more there? The only thing that stopped me from visiting Bencraft the few times I've visited New York is that it's a long hike from the center of town where I have to go. Seems like an expensive cab ride there. Apart from that I'd like to visit them, they seem to know their stuff there.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
You mean there's more there? The only thing that stopped me from visiting Bencraft the few times I've visited New York is that it's a long hike from the center of town where I have to go. Seems like an expensive cab ride there. Apart from that I'd like to visit them, they seem to know their stuff there.

They do know their stuff. They have a much bigger selection of Borsalinos and the best part is that you don't pay 5th avenue prices for them. Better to take the subway.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Great Borsalino Bowler/Melone, Robert! I love the sweatband. It looks great on you, especially with the tunic shirt that your wearing. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Feather Weight...

Guys I bought this to replace one of three hats--all light weight-- that I recently sold. Don't start with the "you're relapsing, Aureliano!" speech ok? lol lol lol

Borsalino Feather Weight in "Opale" color. Note the triangular bow detail just like the German hat RobStC recently posted. This is the second hat ever that I've seen with this style. Love the hat. So light and luxurious. Notice the liner also, this ain't you usual Qualita Superior, this one is "Suprema" (supreme) It was a size 7 but I stretched, re-blocked to my size (7 1/8) to avoid annoying sweatband line in the felt and re-flanged the brim. The result:

7.jpg

8.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe