Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Al Niente

Familiar Face
I just joined the "Borsalino Club" for the first time today. Went to a local antiques dealer and found a nice, brown and in mint condition hat. Could not believe it fit, too. It is serikon felt with the original price tag and store listed on it. It was purchased in Detroit at the Jacobson's store for $45. Looks to be late 50's - early 60's with a tall crown, stingy brim and the band made of fur felt, too. If anyone has a better time frame from the original price, please let me know. How much for this beauty? $8.50. I am taking it to Henry the Hatter tomorrow for a professional touch. Post pics later. :)

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
Lovely hats chaps!
I prize my Black Borsalino over all the others. A very well made hat indeed, and the felt is in excellent condition. The handwritten label under the sweatband says 13966, but I'm unsure exactly how old that would make it (if that is indeed any indication). I'll try and get some snaps of it up here soon, it would be in excellent company. :)

Betty Borsalino

New in Town
Hello, gentlemen. Got room for a sister? I introduced myself in the Powder Room and the Observation Bar but it's clear to me now that I'll be spending a lot of time in this thread.

I have 7 vintage Borsalinos in my home and more in transit from storage in Chicago. I'm honestly not sure how many I have in total, but I've been collecting for over 20 years. I've been reading this thread from the beginning, and I'm giddy and dizzy with excitement! Although I own a lot of hats, I really don't know much about them. I can't wait to research them all and expand my knowledge. I feel like I finally found my tribe! :D

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Welcome Betty. It's great to have to you on board with us. And we look forward to seeing some of your hats in weeks to come! ;)

One Too Many
San Remo, old borsalino ¡¡¡

2113753820106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Today the morning is freshness, my little one Yohalí and my old Borsa.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DRB

One Too Many
I agree, Borsalino has the lines, angles, curves and crown height that I find the most beautiful of all the hat makers.

AlanC: love that black Borsalino.

150719541: that looks like a real comfortable hat.

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
150719541 said:
2113753820106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Today the morning is freshness, my little one Yohalí and my old Borsa.

That's a nice San Remo there. It looks grey to me...or is it some shade of brown? The brim is a little narrower than some without looking "stingy" at all.

Does it have the felted edge like today's San Remo has?

One Too Many
No

Brent Hutto said:
That's a nice San Remo there. It looks grey to me...or is it some shade of brown? The brim is a little narrower than some without looking "stingy" at all.

Does it have the felted edge like today's San Remo has?
I have only a new borsalino and the felted edge is diferent.
In new Borsalino is doubled edge by sewing machine.
The old Borsalinos are felted edge woven by same felt, NO DOUBLED
The color is shadow brown and is a confortable hat Mr. DRB, is so light-
;) ;) ;)

DRB

One Too Many
Betty Borsalino, I am so very pleased to see you here!!! I love borsalinos, (we all do) so feel free to jump in. The water's nice. How about some pics when you get a chance. I use photobucket.com com for hosting pics.

DRB

One Too Many
150719541, my most comfortable hats are Borsalino's and Optimo's. I think you daughter is growing taller!

One Too Many
Good ¡¡¡

DRB said:
150719541, my most comfortable hats are Borsalino's and Optimo's. I think you daughter is growing taller!
I don´t have a Optimo, when I will be visiting Chicago will pick one, now I enjoy four Borsas, yes my little one is growing tall, We hope 5´ 7-8" like her sisters.

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Yes, my Astuccio has that same sewn edge (and the same ribbon sweatband). It's my summer/travel hat and the one thing I don't care for is how shapeless the brim is. I prefer the regular Borsalino bound brim which stays nice looking, the sewn one just flops into some random wave pattern unless you smooth it out constantly.

Neil

A-List Customer
Borso dealers?

I have a new computer, and lost my old favorites list, which contained my list of hat stores. Does anyone know the name of the online store with the excellent Borso selection?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe