Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

TipTop

Practically Family
I received my first two Borsos yesterday. The chianti fits perfectly, but the tan one must be 7 1/2 or even 7 5/8. The fur is wonderfully luxurious and has a beautiful sheen to it. Both feature wind trolleys, and the tan one still has its original (80s?) price tag of $225 inside the sweat. Both came from Maxis Chicago; anyone familiar with that store?

15499874-md.jpg

15499975-md.jpg

15499974-md.jpg

15499973-md.jpg

15499972-md.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Looks like late 80s to me based on liner, width of sweatband and cheap little white bow. and price. (I'm thinking the 92 in the price tag might be the date)
I could be wrong, of course.

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
says 92 not 82. The Store was only a few blocks from Optimo, but appears to have closed recently according to one listing.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/maxis-store-for-men-chicago

Look again: 82.9 > 92

And while I don't know anything about liners and bows, the overall style and that headband are very late 70s early 80s on scale and weave, not to mention the fur itself. I just discarded a similar headband on a 1979 Churchill.

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
Yeah but doesn't the year go at the end in date formats? usually? But again, I could be wrong. It certainly doesn't look like a European format. Regardless, though, the hat is modern.

In the clothing business, the season/year are usually first. Of course it is contemporary: I still want to get Sammy Davis Jr's initials embossed on the sweat. :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I am thinking 80's on this one....

Does that make sense ???
If this helps , The tag inside has the numbers 4282 75487 and then the size 7 1/4
Your # does not include the date. Black fabric Eulan Bayer size tags and black leather sweatbands are generally from the 60's, before the year appearing on mid 70's forward round cornered factory stickers.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Your # does not include the date. Black fabric Eulan Bayer size tags and black leather sweatbands are generally from the 60's, before the year appearing on mid 70's forward round cornered factory stickers.

Thank You very much for the info...I do appreciate it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe