Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Black Hat Brigade

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I am complete black hat fan. I wear a black hat more than any other. I have more than one black hat as well. I think nothing about the connotations tied to black hats. I like the look of them and wear them each chance I get.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Another Black Hat
20130107.jpg

3x beaver Resistol

Yes, I know this message is over a year after you posted the image, but I like that hat on you. I think it looks good. I hope it is still in your collection and being worn. :)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I have no fondness at all for black hats. I had a black Akubra Squatter which I finally traded off for two Resistol Stagecoaches. Well, evidently, somebody liked black hats enough to swap out two unworn Stagecoaches for it.
I switched out the factory hat band on the Squatter and sewed on a vintage Burgandy 1 3/4 ribbon with a double bow. The Burgandy ribbon did dress it up a bit....

Black_Beast_01.jpg

Black_Beast_09.jpg

Black_Beast_02.jpg

Black_Beast_03.jpg

The Stagecoaches I traded it for. I reworked these as well...

IW_02.jpg

Stagecoach_R_11.jpg

This one, (below), broke Joao's heart. This is a black Resistol Stagecoach that I converted to a fedora. It's the only black hat that I can tolerate....and I do wear it in my rotation...

Stagecoach_black.jpg

Black_Hat_02.jpg

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
+1 on T.Jones ribbon work and quotes

Wore this Stetson Excellent Quality last week when I was a pallbearer
2015-01-09124219_zps14293ce3.jpg
It's my oldest hat so far, it has the 1915 exposition medal logo but most likely 20's
I really like this hat but rarely wear it. Seems kind of formal and for some reason my wife hates this hat.

Hat Dandy

One of the Regulars
I have three black hats in my stable. A Guerra GU, an Akubra Bogart and a Sterkowski that I use as a beater. I don't find I look overly formal in them. In fact, I find a casual look goes well with them.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn, tommyK, Joao, thanks guys. I appreciate the comments....and it's always good to meet others of similar sympathies.

Joao:

:( At least it gets head time...

From you, I consider that a compliment ;)

tommyK, love the bow work on your Excellent Quality Stetson.

Last edited:

Lotsahats

One Too Many
+1 on T.Jones ribbon work and quotes

Wore this Stetson Excellent Quality last week when I was a pallbearer
View attachment 22910
It's my oldest hat so far, it has the 1915 exposition medal logo but most likely 20's
I really like this hat but rarely wear it. Seems kind of formal and for some reason my wife hates this hat.

That's a great hat! Do let me know if you're thinking of letting it go. :)

A

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld