Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Antipodean thread

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And would you believe it, at the Opera House on the same night as the Glenn Miller Orchestra is at the State Theatre!
Is that like being spoiled for choice? :D

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
The haka is a well known tradition in the Antipodes, us Kiwis are used to it being performed prior to sporting contests and cultural events, Aussies used to seeing it on the sportsfield.

But I thought I would post this here. I have seen countless hakas but this is, without doubt, and by far the most powerful and most moving I have ever seen. This is 2/1 Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment farewelling three of their own killed in operations in Afghanistan last week...

[video=youtube;xA_3pY0ulX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_3pY0ulX4[/video]

Benny Holiday

Yeah thanks Smithy. By the time I get home from work I miss the main news report and only catch the odd bulletin, so I hadn't seen that either. Our ANZACs are still spilling their blood all these decades later and meanwhile $#&^% ungrateful morons go and deface the Cenotaph in Martin Place. What a bloody disgrace.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Yeah thanks Smithy. By the time I get home from work I miss the main news report and only catch the odd bulletin, so I hadn't seen that either. Our ANZACs are still spilling their blood all these decades later and meanwhile $#&^% ungrateful morons go and deface the Cenotaph in Martin Place. What a bloody disgrace.

Don't get me started about that sort of rubbish Wes. The little buggers responsible need a lot more than a good kick up the backside.

Hope all's well with you and the family mate.

Mojito

One Too Many
Don't tell me there's been another graffiti attack on the Cenotaph??? I will never, ever understand that. I know in at least one past incident they caught the offenders and they were obliged to clean up the mess they made and perform additional community service.

Mojito

One Too Many
Speaking of upcoming Aussie events - is anyone else going to the Sydney Vintage Clothing Fair, 14 - 16 September? It's back out at Canterbury, and although it's not quite as easy for me to get to as the Horden Pavilian, I think that venue works better.

Benny Holiday

Hi Mojito,
No plans to go this time round. I'll be up the Central Coast this coming weekend. Let us know if you find anything groovy!

Last edited:

tuppence

Practically Family
What happened to Binkie?
I popped in the other day to go through the radio thread, having some slight problems with my new, old radio. I was distracted by a thread started by Binkie and I noticed it had 'rude once too often' written under his avatar. Did he get banned? I can't say that he was ever rude to me, I thought him very nice and full of knowledge. Granted I'm not reading too many posts so he may well have been rude in other posts that I never read. But I'm thinking that because this is an American site maybe they mistook his sense of humour for rudeness.
I think it's a shame and a loss. Could anybody fill me in, or if you think like me, maybe we could go as a group and request he be given another chance. If he does want to come back

Patrick-Pong

Banned
Here in Bangkok we have many Austrianln and British guests, coming to have plastic surgery & Teeth implants im not thinking Ozzies them rude they are say what they think, not like british person who are very shy

A Swan River sock puppet's a sock puppet all the same …
sock-puppet.jpg

Here in Bangkok we have many Austrianln and British guests, coming to have plastic surgery & Teeth implants im not thinking Ozzies them rude they are say what they think, not like british person who are very shy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe