Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The "Annoying Phrase" Thread

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Perchance yon maidens of swoondom shall be vex'd full sore.

You've officially ruined swooning for me! I can't write it now without feeling like Viola swooning over Duke Orsino.

Thanks lol

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
David V said:
"Baby Bump" makes me want to puke. It's being pregnant!

I thought I was the only one who disliked this! Why must all the magazines insist on using that phrase when referring to a pregnant celebrity?

PADDY said:
"No problem..." Of course it's not a problem, so why say it?!

I don't care for this one either. "No problem" is not and should not be a substitute for "You are welcome."

I have a friend that will launch into a 14-minute tirade whenever he hears the phrase uttered. lol

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
"Baby bump" is bad ... but there's one phrase (from an awful song by 'Fergie') that really makes me queasy: "lady lumps". It's evil to use the word "lump" to describe something beautiful.

Mercifully, I had forgotten about that particular phrase.

Lump is not generally a word I'd like used to refer to *any* part of my anatomy! :(

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
*swoon*

Marc Chevalier said:

Annoying expression used by some Fedora Lounge maidens/damsels:

-----------------
"*swoon*"

Tis fine by me and if it afflicts your virtue well Sir, then I trust you hold the strength and candour to turn the other way.

Yours,

Mr D'Arcy, Esq.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
fortworthgal said:
Mercifully, I had forgotten about that particular phrase.

Lump is not generally a word I'd like used to refer to *any* part of my anatomy! :(

Me either... It makes it sound akin to a goitre *yucky*

That's got to be the most annoying song I've ever heard.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"Baby Bump" is one of the worst examples of cultural infantalization out there right now. When I was growing up my mother taught me to call body parts by their proper name, and I knew the word "pregnant" before I started grammar school. All this cutesy-type magazine-cover stuff makes me just grind my teeth.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
"Baby bump" is bad ... but there's one phrase (from an awful song by 'Fergie') that really makes me queasy: "lady lumps". It's evil to use the word "lump" to describe something beautiful.

Fergie is a pig. :rolleyes: Consider the source.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"No brainer"...............
confused.gif

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"A Suite"

"Its very jargonish "de Jour" and I hate it when you hear politicians/advertising executives/Bank managers, talking about A "suite"of solutions/products/Loan accounts" why cant they just say "range" when I hear Suite I think of a Three piece suite, covered in chintz consisting of a sofa, and two arm chairs"

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
BinkieBaumont said:
Its very jargonish "de Jour" and I hate it when you hear politicians/advertising executives/Bank managers, talking about A "suite"of solutions/products/Loan accounts" why cant they just say "range" when I hear Suite I think of a Three piece suite, covered in chintz consisting of a sofa, and two arm chairs

I think of an ensuite with a b-day. Corporatespeak is silly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe