Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Adventurer's Gear Thread

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jones in Maine at Cape Neddick

I'm getting a lot of mileage from that J Peterman jacket!
J. Crew shirt
Brooks Brothers tie with zebras and giraffes on it.
LL Bean dress chinos
J Crew boots
Barbour bag
Ready to take on the world and 'fraid a nothin'!

Jovan said:
Not bad, but I worry what the armholes are like. Damn you guys and your getting the REAL fit essentials nailed in my head. lol

Not quite--for the style-conscious combatant, the armpits come first: they MUST have enough room to conceal a full-size (better yet, long-slide) .45 on each side, and be cut with enough room to be able to draw both at once.

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
Looks great Hem.

I'm going to have to pull out my prospector gear.

Speaking of that... we have a 1800's prospector campout coming up. I don't have the logistics yet though will post them when they are ready. gold panning and all...

Did you say 1800's? :)

524233154_857b03db3a.jpg

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Been trying to change my modern hiking clothing and gear for more of a 1930's style. Here's my latest adventure.
524255250_3f6d536c92.jpg

Hope there's no rattlers in this cave. :)

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Matt Deckard said:
Looks great Hem.

I'm going to have to pull out my prospector gear.

Speaking of that... we have a 1800's prospector campout coming up. I don't have the logistics yet though will post them when they are ready. gold panning and all...
Matt, sounds fun! Are we talking late 19th century or 1850s Gold Rush?

Mike, that's the spirit! How 'bout a few particulars on your gear?

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
Mojave Jack said:
Mike, that's the spirit! How 'bout a few particulars on your gear?

My summer gear list:
Pantropic hat from REI
Safari shirt from Cabelas
Khaki Drill shorts from WPG
wool socks
Danner lite hiker boots
Swiss rucksack

Carried in rucksack on a all day adventure
Army issue henley sweater
Belted bush jacket from WPG
wool cap
water bottle
trail snacks
!st aid kit
10 essentials

524961626_1e3aad7075.jpg

My next priority is to get some proper boots. I was thinking of Ammo boots. The British army marched all over the world wearing them, yet how would they be on a 6 mile mile hike in mountainous terrain? What are the rubber soled options for 1930's style boots? Any advice?

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Ammo Boots?

Mike, what sort of shoes are these "ammo boots"? I've probably seen them, just not heard that term before. I'm still looking for a nice pair of cap toe boots that I can actually wear without worrying about scuffing up an investment...

And just by the way, I finally bought a 20s-ish Ivy cap yesterday. It's a Barbour oilskin cap... have to post pics soon. Maybe I can dig up a link...

skbellis

One of the Regulars
AMMO Boots

For actual usage I would recommend buying the rubber soled DMS Ammo Boots. If by chance you wear a US Size 12 (UK Size 11 L), Ernie at Castle Keep ( www.reenact.com) has a large supply of them. The last batch he got surplus from the UK government was supposed to be multiple sizes, but they only sent him UK Size 11 L . His website isn't the most up to date, so you are better of calling or emailing. He always has some great treasures in the store, and he and or Bruce (works there quite a bit) are great to deal with.

Cheers,

---Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust