Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'THE 1912' model fedora

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a mighty fine lid, RBH. I really like the width of the ribbon.

So, I have to ask you -- are these three lids significantly taller than other lids you own? My only comment (and meant only in a good way :)) is that the "1912" almost looks a bit too tall in terms of proportion. I wonder how it would look with a slightly lower crease at the front of the hat.

You must be in hat heaven -- that's quite a haul to get at one time...Congrats!!! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
My only comment (and meant only in a good way :)) is that the "1912" almost looks a bit too tall in terms of proportion. I wonder how it would look with a slightly lower crease at the front of the hat.
Cheers,
JtL
Thanks J... I looked at a few photos from the film, and lowered the crease to just a hair under 5 inchs... I do think it looks better. This felt is tough enough to take the re-crease so I will give it a try like this.
I think it makes the look a little better.!!!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Thanks J... I looked at a few photos from the film, and lowered the crease to just a hair under 5 inchs... I do think it looks better. This felt is tough enough to take the re-crease so I will give it a try like this.
I think it makes the look a little better.!!!

Post a photo when you get a chance!

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
Post a photo when you get a chance!

Cheers,
JtL

BEFORE...
the spots are rain beaded up on the hat...

hpim2580mi5.jpg

AFTER....

hpim2581kc6.jpg

Last edited:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Looks like a mighty fine lid, RBH. I really like the width of the ribbon.

So, I have to ask you -- are these three lids significantly taller than other lids you own? My only comment (and meant only in a good way :)) is that the "1912" almost looks a bit too tall in terms of proportion. I wonder how it would look with a slightly lower crease at the front of the hat.

You must be in hat heaven -- that's quite a haul to get at one time...Congrats!!! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL
My Bushman is 5 3/4 in front and 4 1/2 in back...At first I kept hitting stuff with the brim and the crown...now I've gotten used to it and my other hats look/feel really small...
Rusty...I am really loving your new hats! Fantastic...!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Does Mike install new sweats?

Jovan

Suspended
Regarding the crown height, I think buyers should keep in mind what was chosen for the particular actors and why. Harrison Ford's doesn't really look the same as Richard Young's, Richard Young's doesn't really look like Sean Patrick Flanery's which is quite a far cry from the original in itself, etc. (But then we'd be going into the debate of whether or not Fedora's was really even the same as young/older Indy's, and I don't want to start there.) Also, the newest one has a somewhat different shape from what I've seen. I think things like actor's facial features, head shape, and their age factored into these differences. My point is, what may look "too tall" or wide-brimmed on one person may look perfectly normal on another. Just my two cents. [huh]

That said, the replica looks pretty true to the film. Not bad!

045.jpg

RBH

Bartender
MAB1 said:
Supurb indeed.

RBH are you going for taller crowns than your Open Roads these days?
Kinda... I like the taller crown best. The Campdraft is a case in point.
This wide brinm is what I am having to get used to.
But I do think it goes well with the shape of this crown.
I have to say this '1912' is a keeper!!! :eusa_clap

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice, Russ. I like it better after the rework. Congrats on another fine hat. You're outta control out in razorback country!

Stoney

Practically Family
I think it looks great either way Rusty. The tall crown does seen pretty true to the film. I think Major Moore did an excellent job capturing the look of the original film hat.

majormoore

Vendor
Thank you Stoney, I had a hard time trying to get a good look at that hat, nver could see a good view of it, I could not decide if the hat had just a keeper on the hatband or bow , I thought in a few parts it looked like it had just a keeper and then I thought I saw a bow,

The thing is if RBH, wants me too, I can take the hatband off and then add a new hatband and just a keeper. It was tough trying to find any photos on the web of the hat.

I had never seen the film, and I watched it about 10 times over two months.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe