Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swap Your Vintage Ties!!!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
This is great! I have some ties come here today..Daniel loved them. He already had some from Rabbit whom is a sweetie....and today some from DH66 that are also fantastic.

I was able to send out ties to James Powers and DH66 today. I put an "unknown" vintage as Mr. Powers wanted one that someone else asked about....I am sure he will love the extra tie....oh yeah! And two ties went to DH66. I will do some more tie pictures maybe tomorrow.....and taking some pictures of Daniel with some ties while he is wearing the Shark Skin suit.....maybe we should give the suit a nick name..."Mack the Knife"...lolololololo oh lord have mercy! Daniel is rolling on the floor on this one...lol!

This is great! I have some ties come here today..Daniel loved them. He already had some from Rabbit whom is a sweetie....and today some from DH66 that are also fantastic.

I was able to send out ties to James Powers and DH66 today. I put an "unknown" vintage as Mr. Powers wanted one that someone else asked about....I am sure he will love the extra tie....oh yeah! And two ties went to DH66. I will do some more tie pictures maybe tomorrow.....and taking some pictures of Daniel with some ties while he is wearing the Shark Skin suit.....maybe we should give the suit a nick name..."Mack the Knife"...lolololololo oh lord have mercy! Daniel is rolling on the floor on this one...lol!

Ok, take these pictures to Daniel and have him choose as many as he would like. I have hundreds of these:
IMG_2198_zps556eb53d.jpg

IMG_2199_zps50711f5c.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Ok, take these pictures to Daniel and have him choose as many as he would like. I have hundreds of these:
IMG_2198_zps556eb53d.jpg

IMG_2199_zps50711f5c.jpg

Top picture you have in the number 8 spot what appears to be a thin green tie??? If that is green...it is a go! LOL! Lower picture...the third tie...seems to be a light tan or cream beige color? (which one has the hidden winning lotto ticket hidden in it)???? lol!

Top picture you have in the number 8 spot what appears to be a thin green tie??? If that is green...it is a go! LOL! Lower picture...the third tie...seems to be a light tan or cream beige color? (which one has the hidden winning lotto ticket hidden in it)???? lol!

I dug those out and a few others. :p Daniel just has to have the pink top hat tie. :p
It is a really, really thin green tie. :p iIt says made in Caifornia and the reverse says 65% acetate and 35% rayon. Probably glows in the dark. :p

The tan one is actually more silver than tan---again, very, very thin.

Bottom picture...yes a striped tie...appears to be number 5...perhaps maroon and silver or brown and white? Not sure but hey...he has to have at least ONE striped tie....lol!

The boring striped tie is actually brown and silver---a little bit of each of your guesses. :p I put that one in the group as well. I figured he would like more of them---so I could get rid of more. :p

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
JP: Stop looking for skinny ties!!!! :) I know you want to get rid of hundreds of them - did you find my tie yet (or is it hidden under the skinny ties?)

Send me a PM with your address and I'll get your leaf tie off to you.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Now that I got those two AWESOME ties from you, I can send you a box or two. :p Some are so skinny that elves are a good medium for them. :p
Well now I knew you'd like the one you did not know I was sending....it was a real nice one.

Wait till you see what shoes we are sending you....weeeee doggies! LOL

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I sure want to see this all continue....so who else has some neck ties....??? Take a picture and toss em up!lol

Annixter

Practically Family
I had some time this morning to go through some of my collection, so I'll jump into this trading fray. I'm willing to trade the following ties for some bolder, 40's/50's specimens. If I get no interest in trading, I'll post them for sale in another thread.

A) Gone
B) No label, Very good condition, 3-1/4" x 45" There's a small vertical, brown stain/mark on the lower front. I haven't tried laundering it.
C) Wembley "Nor-East Non-Crush," Excellent condition, 4" x 45-1/2"
D) Wembley, Excellent condition, 3-1/2" x 49"
E) Wembley, Excellent condition, 3-1/2" x 46-1/2"

F) Dacron Superba, Good condition, 3-1/2" x 50-1/2" The area near the knot is dirty. I haven't tried laundering it.
G) Longchamp Silk, Excellent condition, 3-1/2" x 48-1/2"
H) Arrow, Excellent condition, 3-1/2" x 44" feels like a natural fiber
I) Reserved

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe