Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer lids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
To respond to your private message, Mr. Weber, my book is published and sold in a handful of places. Your collection of ecuadorian books is going to have to suffer the lack of mine. Just as I refuse to buy your product, I won't sell you a copy of my book for all the money in the world.

That's a good example of why I don't belong here anymore.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Victim, again. I'm out of here before I end up pulling my hair.
You are MISSING the point!

Not victim. What??? You don't want me to tell you what they say in Ecuador. You don't want me to tell you that a cheap Cuenca Brisa is not a good hat. I get it. You don't want me to tell you that the hats are way overpriced. I understand. I thought I was a member here and could give the people good advice on the hats.

I'll ask for the removal of my membership.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Panamabob said:
I'll ask for the removal of my membership.

I guess being ethical, refraining from demeaning others and staying here is indeed impossible for you.
I guess something good has surfaced from all this.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
I thinks it time to cool down a bit.
I agree.

I don't even wear straw hats but I don't want to see Panamabob leaving. This forum is useful because most major custom hatters (to my knowledge) are on here, so lets not lose a supplier of what like to wear. Lets keep our politics and economic ideals aside and concentrate on summer lids.

I'm not taking sides, I just hope the situation could be defused calmy and preferably before bartender action is required.

Big_e

Practically Family
I've already bought a couple of linen flat caps in preperation of summer. I'll also get a Dobbs Toledo like the one offered at Village hats . I watched a blk & wht on PBS where everyone wore Boaters, I may look into getting one of those. I always did like the way those hats looked. They just scream outdoors, parties, bar-b-ques and fun!
Ernest

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked this one up

504ventair.beige.lrg.jpg

and this one:

f01edb29.jpg
e9705b1a.jpg

But I love this:

IMG_0735_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0736_edited-1.jpg

carldelo

One Too Many
Mickey D said:
Somehow I feel there should be a floppy eared howlin' dog in this picture. :D

Yeah, he's there - who do think was taking the photo?

OK, just to stir the pot and supplant the unpleasant taste in everyone's (internet) mouth (how's that for metaphor-mixing), I'll post this egregious Panama Boater from Orvis:

0G8HVB9.jpg

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=0G8H

So what's the verdict? Violation of all things Boater? I think if you put a black band on it, you could wear it to a bona-fide Amish barn-raising...

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Closed Thread

Once AGAIN a long time member has stood on the soap box. Gentlemen, stop. And "you know who", you are starting "it" again.

Let your passion be in the product, not the sellers. Stop preaching about what you really have no control over.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld