Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Summer Fedora, but no Panama

oswd

New in Town
Hi to all.

Sorry for my english but it's very bad, this lines are write with a dictionary and it?Ǭ¥s my first message.

I want a Fedora but i don't want a Panama. Are there a hat type Fedora in cotton or some fabric fresh for the spanish summer hot.

Another question, the Fedora is a hat type urban but, it can carry how a hat type sport? i see this Indy hat type Fedora for carry with costume or only with a shirt, is good idea?

Thanks for read this message.

Kaleponi Craig

A-List Customer
Hola oswd and bienvenidos a Fedora Lounge!

Personally, I love a Panama for summer and am wondering why you'd rather not have one, they're great!! But if you don't want one, there are lighter felts that are good for summer wear. I'm not sure about a cotton fedora, wouldn't be the real thing. Adventurebilt hats is supposed to be getting in some lightweight felt from Portugal, www.adventurebilt.com. Fedora is a member of the Lounge, so I'll let him chime in on this subject.

Again, bienvenidos and we hope to see you around often...KC

RBH

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge!

Dont worry, your English is alright. You get your point across very well.
You can go here to Miller Hats [here in the U.S.] to see some great looking straw hats.
http://www.millerhats.com/mcsindex.html
As all can see from my recent post I am on a Open Road kick. I have not found a straw fedora that I like. So I have a straw Open Road I have orderd from Milller that should arrive tommorrow. [03.10.06] I plan to rebash it from the cattleman crease to a fedora crease. I will post pics when I get it finished.
As far as the AdventureBilt, it is a great hat.Steve Delk is a true artist. I love the AB that I have. Drop him an e-mail with any question you have. He is so easy to work with.
Once again Welcome and enjoy!

Baggers

Practically Family
And another welcome to the Lounge!

I have two Adventurebilts and can recommend them quite highly. If Steve has gotten his lightweight felts in, he should be able to make one up for you that will be appropriate for a warm climate. I live in Texas, USA, and wore my original weight 100% beaver Fortune & Glory through all weathers, but I can imagine that a slightly lighter felt might make a great hat even better. I may be contacting him soon to do just that myself!

Cheers!

Russ

One of the Regulars
Fedoras vs. Panamas

Yes, I can understand why you would prefer a fedora over a Panama even in the summer. The Panama does give a different image which some don't prefer. I wear a fedora or other felt hat most of the summer unless I'm dressed so casual that it looks out of place (like with a Hawaiian shirt). Then I'll wear a Panama or straw hat.

Okay, not everybody shares this fashion sentiment... :)

There are felt hats (not fedoras) that have air vents in them to help cool your head. Akubra makes some. I have an Akubra Colly with air vents. But it's a BIG hat! A few weeks ago I trimmed 2 centimeters off the brim and it is still huge.

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
Summer fedoras

I'm not a big panama hat fan myself. What I wear mostly in the summer is a light weight felt. I have a couple of older Borsalino liteweight 21's that weigh less than most straws.
However, if I'm going to the beach or a beach-type activity, I have a few inexpensive straws I don't mind wearing.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good day.
If you are looking for a cotton outdoor hat the Tilley hat is one of the best in the world. I Have been wearing them for 15 years as camping hats http://www.tilley.com/
If you are looking for something with more style Akubra makes fine quality products. For hot and sunny I have the "Akubra military" it has a snap brim so you can wear it with the back up "fedora" style, down, side clipped up military style, or up all round (when taking pictures). Very versatile hat.
http://www.hatsdirect.com/
That's are my two cents worth. Hope it helps.

riccardo

Practically Family
Wellcome.

Hi oswd, hi to all,
Good answer, oswd, sometimes I ask it myself...I've one Panama Montecristi, I'm waiting for another one by PanamaBob, a lounge fellow.
Just today,here the were 22,5 ?Ǭ?C, i was thinking about a felt fedora for summer times...
I think the best could be a light colour felt hat, lightweight, unlined...isn't so, my friends??

...my English is like your,oswd, don't worry,here thelounge members are very lovely and patience!!

Riccardo.

oswd

New in Town
Thanks for reply.

The Panama's mania it's only that, a foolishness. Is only what i'm not a Panama hat fan.

I see a few Akubras for the sun summer what they enjoy my more.

Once again thanks for reply, you are greatly affable.

Vented

Welcome, Wilkommen, and greetings from the lounge.

Sometimes you will see a "sport" version of a fedora on a hunting or camping outdoors catalog. The fedora will often have VENTS open grommets in the sides to allow heat and sweat vapor out while cooler air may come in. LL BEAN, EDDIE BAUER, CABELA'S etc.

Maybe they can make a hat that will accept re-usable "Blue Ice" packets for cooling.

SIncerely,

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Un Monton de Sombreros de Paja

Hi. In Spain are you? I lived there four years, married twice and have three 1/2 Spanish children. We have a lot of summer hats and Kangol too, and we can help you in any way in Espanol via email. Just let me know how I can help. I miss Spain, and hope to go back to Barcelona and Ibiza soon! A sus ordenes siempre! duane@thefedorastore.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld