Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STETSON WHIPPET

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yep, when I saw the combination of hat, box and classic ad, I had to jump on it.

The hat fits me perfectly, too, which is more than I can say for my Royal Deluxe fedora that I paid too much for. That one is a size 7-1/4 and I'm thinking of letting it go. I'll post that in the classifieds if I do decide.

I've resolved myself to bid only on hats that are my size, and I really need to lay off the 'Bay altogether for a while. I think I have every hat situation covered anyway. :)

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Tony in Tarzana said:
Here are some detail shots in case anybody's interested:

So you're the one that snagged "my" hat!? ratzenfratzenfritzenfratzen.

Man that is a great hat. I was really after that Whippet. Glad a Lounger got it. It looks great on you!

Enjoy.

Tony in Tarzana

BigSleep said:
So you're the one that snagged "my" hat!? ratzenfratzenfritzenfratzen.

Said as you're wearing my brown Homburg (that I plumb forgot to bid on... still kicking myself on that one!) :)

Man that is a great hat. I was really after that Whippet. Glad a Lounger got it. It looks great on you!

Enjoy.

Thanks! It's a winner. This will be one of my main hats, whether I'm in a '20s, a '30s, a '40s or a '50s mood.

Tony in Tarzana

Mojave Jack said:
Is the Whippet a really lightweight hat?

Not really, it seems about the same as my other Stetsons of the time. It's a shorter brim, about 2-5/8".

The really light Stetson felt is the "Playboy." That one's light as a feather. I basically have to shape it (or at least touch it up a bit) every time I pick it up. The Playboy, especially the one I have without a liner, is the hot weather felt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally