Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Stuff

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Hats set up in the Hotel Loyal - Omaha, NE

circa 1910, 'Stetson Hats' sign on back wall

5omaloy.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Scott, can you share a few photos from the Stetson Hat Book you just bought?

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
Scott, can you share a few photos from the Stetson Hat Book you just bought?

Sure, but that means working my scanner, and I'm lazy :) I'll find a few interesting ones.

One thing about the book that impressed me about this forum is that we have loads of hats that would have been great additions to the book. I bet we could come up with something even more impressive if we put our minds to it.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Thanks Lefty. The Stetson hospital appears to be all that's left - and I assume the store facade on Chestnut.

I liked this:

"The Stetson hat Factory is a prime example of late 19th and early 20th century industrial production and urban company town that was the center of the its community and functioned as a private authority for the distribution of services including health clinics and hospitals, day-care, literacy and education services, as well as company owned sports and entertainment facilities."

You could virtually have lived your whole life without leaving the Stetson precinct.

By the time they closed their doors the staff had declined from 5,000 to 300. I guess Hatco are to be thanked for ensuring that Stetson and other historic brands are still with us and being manufactured in the USA. Like Akubra here, which is still owned by the original family, they refuse to go offshore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82