Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I got these today - at a thrift store, for $20.00. I am told they retail for around $375.00. They fit perfectly and I like them. :)

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Some amazing scores here Gene! Wow, where is this store?? If you ever tire of them, uh, my husband wears a 9... Our son Daniel is still just at the very small end, of being able to wear mens shoe size. He can still fit in a size 6-1/2 or maybe a 7. The kid needs to grow:eek:

HarpPlayerGene said:
I got these today - at a thrift store, for $20.00. I am told they retail for around $375.00. They fit perfectly and I like them. :)

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:

DSC_0005.jpg

Alright shoos. Good thing you didn't pay full retail. They have some of the worst done blake stitching i've seen. They need to be worn sparingly, the construction won't hold up very well.

All the best with the shoos.

Talbot

One Too Many
Gents, apols if this is a thread hijack

What does the term 'spectator' strictly mean as relates to shoes?

I'd never heard the term until coming to this great forum. Shoes were always called wingtips, brogues or two toned.

Apols for digressing

Talbot

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Talbot said:
What does the term 'spectator' strictly mean as relates to shoes?

I'd never heard the term until coming to this great forum. Shoes were always called wingtips, brogues or two toned.

Apols for digressing

Talbot

I was the same...it is an American term used because the shoes were originally used at sporting style events...in the UK they are called co-respondent shoes as in divorce in the old sytem with Webster's Investigations if you are an Aussie that old...lol :D

Talbot

One Too Many
cookie said:
I was the same...it is an American term used because the shoes were originally used at sporting style events...in the UK they are called co-respondent shoes as in divorce in the old sytem with Webster's Investigations if you are an Aussie that old...lol :D

Thanks Cookie, much appreciated.

Talbot

MisterGrey

Practically Family
Perhaps a silly question, but, when pairing spectators with an outfit, what is considered the dominant color-- white, or the color of the tip/heel? Would it be appropriate to pair a black/white spectator with, say, a tan suit, or would one need a pair of brown and white spectators to "switch off" with?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe