Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Suggestions for specs

BIN = Buy It Now

Not-Bogart13 said:
Well, this is not the first time I've tried my hand at finding spectator style shoes. So far I have exhausted the "budget" route, and the vintage route.

Now I'm aiming for something between $100 and $200. Many of the large size spectator wing tips I have found have the same sized toe tip as the smaller sizes, which just make my feet look huge. So, I'm either I need a shoe brand that enlarges the tip in accordance with size, or I need to stick with cap toes.

Oh, and I don't want black & whites. At least not right now. More like brown & white or brown & cream range.

Suggestions are hereby solicited. :D

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...erchant_Id=1&Section_Id=494&viewAll=t&sortBy=

If you had asked yesterday they had brown and whites like Broadstreets for USD250.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Ah. I knew there was a thread like this. I wondered where it had gone off to. :eusa_doh:

Not to be ungrateful, gents, but I did say that the vintage and budget routes had yielded nothing. Which is to say, my shoe size is not an easy fit for most vintage (at least that I have found), and my bad feet have proven unable to tolerate the inexpensive shoes. (I think I tried the very shoes you posted, Binkie.)

Also, as much a $250 might seem like a fair price to some, it's a bit more than I'm willing to spend on off-the-rack shoes. Surely there must be a middle range out there?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Not-Bogart13 said:
Ah. I knew there was a thread like this. I wondered where it had gone off to. :eusa_doh:

Not to be ungrateful, gents, but I did say that the vintage and budget routes had yielded nothing. Which is to say, my shoe size is not an easy fit for most vintage (at least that I have found), and my bad feet have proven unable to tolerate the inexpensive shoes. (I think I tried the very shoes you posted, Binkie.)

Also, as much a $250 might seem like a fair price to some, it's a bit more than I'm willing to spend on off-the-rack shoes. Surely there must be a middle range out there?

No...there is not ...except eBay and then if you are lucky...if you won't spend USD250 on good quality new shoes you are out of luck...AEs are USD300.

Feraud

Bartender
Not-Bogart13 said:

Outlets and/or Ebay will yield name shoes at a fraction of their original retail price.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if these qualify as spectators, but I like them. They're Johnston & Murphy's, and I got them on sale for $99.

I wore them for the first time tonight, and hoo-boy, do they need some breaking in. But I'll be happy with them once they're more wearable.

specs1.jpg
specs2.jpg

marcoinge

New in Town
cookie said:
Marco nice toi see they were flexible but is there a little defect/flaw there where the toe cap meets the edge of the welt/stitching?

Yes, well spotted! It's very small however, the light reflection in the picture makes it look bigger while it's nearly invisible when you're wearing the shoes.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
kschurch said:
Thats a great looking pair of shoes Jim!

Were they NOS? The box is a different style than the current box they've been using over the last several years.

I have many pairs of A & E's and I do quite well finding them on the Allen Edmonds ebay store.

I think you did well at $195.00. Especially if that was exactly what you wanted. Nice find.

Here's a couple of pairs I've bought over the years.

Kevin

Picture007.jpg

I really like those black and white spectators. I've searched all over the internet and the only place that sells a similar shoe is Remix Vintage Shoes. Do you know any other websites with shoes like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe