Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It’s as though he came to the party just to pee in the punch bowl. I suspect that at base it’s a self-loathing and a severe lack of self-awareness. He will make himself the center of attention any way he can. He’s like an ill-behaved kid.
Pee in the punch bowl, I'm going to steal that remark, love it. Self-loathing, Tony? What you describe sounds more narcissistic. The long withering stare often gets the message across, if that fails try the glare stare, I find that they can't deal with deliberate silence.

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Pee in the punch bowl, I'm going to steal that remark, love it. Self-loathing, Tony? What you describe sounds more narcissistic. The long withering stare often gets the message across, if that fails try the glare stare, I find that they can't deal with deliberate silence.

It’s no great revelation that some people obviously enjoy being jerks (there are stronger and more descriptive terms, but this is a more or less family-friendly forum, so “jerk” it is). But it still grates when said jerk is a person you can’t quite be entirely rid of.

I suppose we all know the type. He (in my experience it’s almost always a he) can be relied upon to say something he knows will irritate others. He’ll make a point of it. And he’ll think he’s being clever or cute or something.

It’s as though he came to the party just to pee in the punch bowl. I suspect that at base it’s a self-loathing and a severe lack of self-awareness. He will make himself the center of attention any way he can. He’s like an ill-behaved kid.
There are so many things that tick me off about people in general I wouldn’t know where to begin.

I suspect that in most cases narcissism is a cover for self-loathing.
I don’t know who coined the phrase “every accusation is a confession,” but I find a lot of truth in it among some people I have the misfortune of knowing.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There are so many things that tick me off about people in general I wouldn’t know where to begin.
1682363224552.png

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
I don’t know who coined the phrase “every accusation is a confession,” but I find a lot of truth in it among some people I have the misfortune of knowing.
I like a clever turn of phrase. When I read this I tried Googling to find the source. Imagine my surprise when everything on the Google page was from someone quoting that, then immediately accusing one group or another of some reprehensible behavior, action, or attitude.

“You can do anything you set your mind to.”

Gawd, but I so hated hearing that BS when I was a kid. It was insulting, really.

Yep, try as I might, pray as hard as I prayed, practiced as hard as I could.........and I have yet to dunk a basketball!!!! And other than one time when I was trippin' on acid I have never been able to fly.

Agreed. We should teach our kids “it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.” Put em in their place and tamp down their expectations. As my dad said “the secret to happiness is low expectations.” Civilization was built on the idea that not only will things never improve, but people who dream of progress are delusional morons, to say the least. Forget it, kid. You are doomed from the start. Stay in your lane, trouble maker. Glad my folks taught me to think small. Thank goodness.

The worst error of all is assuming we must all have the *same* ambitions, and that those who don't are in some way socially deviant. Ambition takes many shapes -- but it's not the same thing as "aspirationalism." Consumer society too often confuses the two.

This line of conversation deserves a Participation Trophy. ;)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It‘s a bit of a Rorschach Test, isn’t it?
The Rorschach Test? Let me tell you that Pseudo babble never could define someone who shuns emails and still writes letters, by hand, in pen and ink using a broad nib pen to create a cursive script finish. No ink blobs on the page to give away my inner thoughts.

Man, my selfmade caffeine-free icecoffee is so good, I could get addicted! :p

Again (for coffee mug):

-2 piled teaspoons instant cereal coffee
-2 teaspoons sugar

-cold milk

Enjoy!!

The classic east-german brand.
I prefer it to Caro Kaffee, because the taste is much more near to real coffee.

"Im Nu" means "in a wink".

- 57,5% barley
- 35% rye
- 7,5% barley malt

Attachments

• IMGP9271.JPG
    IMGP9271.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 55

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member