Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slippers

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Call me crazy, but I love the Jolly Roger. I would wear those in a New York minute. ;)

My slippers are LL Bean, horrible shammy looking things with wool billowy linings, but man are they comfy!

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
I love those, but then I have a thing for the skull and crossbones. I am about to embark on several knitting projects to indulge this, though. I like my Betty Boop slippers.

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Speedster said:
p01.jpg

Not as elegant as the leather slippers, but quite charming, completely handmade and i like the history.

Their website here: http://www.pantoffeleck.de/

Pantt??ffel!? That's funny.
My grandmother used to call potatoes "pant??fler" (correct word is "kartofler" in danish). I sometimes use that word, apparently without knowing where the word came from. Thanks, that was funny and enlightning speedster :)

lindylady

A-List Customer
Ruby Slippers said:
I love those, but then I have a thing for the skull and crossbones. I am about to embark on several knitting projects to indulge this, though. I like my Betty Boop slippers.

Ooh, where did you find Betty Boop slippers???

vonwotan

Practically Family
One of my favourite slipper makers is Stubbs & Wootton. They have styles to fit any taste and have a line of men's loafers and espadilles that are also quite nice.

Ruby Slippers

One of the Regulars
lindylady said:
Ooh, where did you find Betty Boop slippers???

I got them at a store called Payhalf (which was very surprising)! They came with matching flip flops. I just looked on ebay, and they have the same pair as well as many others available. I am tempted to begin a new collection!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ruby Slippers said:
I got them at a store called Payhalf (which was very surprising)! They came with matching flip flops. I just looked on ebay, and they have the same pair as well as many others available. I am tempted to begin a new collection!

Flip-flops? Uh oh...here we go again! lol :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Shipton and Heneage do a nice line in men's Albert slippers (the velvet ones with the quilted lining). Ninety to a hundred squid, though. Don't know if it's reasonable or not . . .

117 Queenstown road
Battersea
London
SW8 3RH

Tube - Nearest is Clapham Common

scotrace said:
And what is their story, Old Sport?

When dey arrive i'll let you know. They are a very recent eBay purchase. They come up very rarely in my size, so i went for 'em. Given the price of Shipton's slippers, these were a nice deal. They appear to be golden era, but the design of these slippers has varied so little that it's pretty much impossible to tell until they arrive.

bk

GregNYC

One Too Many
Slippers?

What would Bogie have worn? I never thought about slippers - but now my K-Mart specials are wearing out! Any suggestions??

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks everyone!

I will stop by Brooks Brothers on my way to Macy's this eve. My wife needs some too, but she likes fuzzy bunny slippers, at least in the winter. She wears very cushy flip-flops in the summer. I want something more vintage looking!

GregNYC

One Too Many
vonwotan said:
One of my favourite slipper makers is Stubbs & Wootton. They have styles to fit any taste and have a line of men's loafers and espadilles that are also quite nice.

Stubbs & Wootton - They are about the same price as the Crockett & Jones slippers. But what's the deal with the skulls? I like skulls, but since about half of their designs have skulls, I must be missing something about why...

Baron Kurtz - those slippers rock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe