Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slippers

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mycroft said:
Where can I get the best quality ones in London
storefront_new.jpg

pSS327.JPG

SS327.jpg

Bustercat

A-List Customer
Slippers to go with that pipe?

I know it might be a little bit of a stretch to wear something that's been on someone else's wet bare feet for years, :confused: but who has some nice vintage slippers to show? Or vintage-faithful modern repros?

Bustercat

A-List Customer
Heheh. I imagine those could grow one me, but right now I'd feel the outfit was incomplete without a powdered wig and stick on heart shaped beauty mark. :p

Cracker

One of the Regulars
Bustercat said:
Heheh. I imagine those could grow one me, but right now I'd feel the outfit was incomplete without a powdered wig and stick on heart shaped beauty mark. :p

There is nothing wrong with powdered wigs. In fact, I think it's high time we all return to wearing waist coats and breeches.

And now, I'm off to seek my fortune in the colonies.

Highlander

A-List Customer
Pyroxene, I have a pair about like yours that I got from the Vermont Country Store, very nice, but like yours, you can't wear them outside.

Bustercat

A-List Customer

filfoster

One Too Many
Styles

Bustercat said:
Check these out. Not a bad price, and leather to boot. $18

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...ion=poppushpush&sortby=&prepushId=&popId=MENS

Lots of classic styles here, Aristocrats on sale it looks like.

http://www.onlyslippers.com/mens-slippers/scuffs-open-back/3106+3108+4294688647.cfm

Btw -- how does leather compare to fabric as far as 'scent retension' goes?

These look great too, but too small.
http://astore.amazon.com/astore999-20/detail/B001QBIANQ

None of these look like the 'gentlemen's' leather slippers above, although some look like moccasin loafers. Only the moc's seem to have heels, which reatard that 'flip flop' slipper sound.
As for scent, the dog will find them and chew them, cloth or leathers.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
The radio tymes and dukes do indeed have heels. But yes, no velvet or monograms in those above links.

Are folks generally happy with their LB Evans? I'm debating a pair of aristos or dukes, whats holding me back is the bad amazon reviews (qc, durability) and the lack of a sole. I want to be able to get the paper and check the mail without worrying I'm ruining them.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
My Radios were true to size. They were also junk. The soles came off within 2 weeks of purchase. I found similarly styled Hush Puppies (Chinese, not US-made) at a local Big Lots (close out store) for $4. They've been going strong for well over a year.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's them.
They'll do until I get something more along these lines. All are from Ben Silver.
DSLP_R.jpg

DSOH_R.jpg

CJTS_R.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe