Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
missjoeri said:
Goodness!
Someone has stolen the ceiling in your livingroom! lol

YUP!!! lol

lofty.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
cowboy76 said:
Aw dont tell me you covered up your hardwood kitchen floor with tile did ya?? Good hardwood is hard to come by! Nice kitchen set!,...great sofa and chair! Really nice!

One word of advice, beware of that large cooler on top of the kitchen cabinet, we have to same one and I know those cabinets, it might be a little heavy for it, God forbid anyone bump the cabinet at some point!!!

Yes, I put black/white tiles right under my table!!!:eek: I'm such a rebel!!:D
Oh trust me, I stuck a child safety anti-tip furniture strap on that sucker!! Thanks for your kind compliments :D

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
pennyseranade said:
Very modern 1950s, very well done,...not my perosnal taste, but I do admire the imaginative high design traits that the 50's modern movement had at that time! barkcloth drapes? Nice.

Actually I get a lot of responses like yours. My style isn't for everyone and I'm not expecting it to be. I like what I like and I collect what I like and I practice good, quality design. ;) No matter what style you are into, it's important to pay attention to design. It's not just about having cool vintage things. It's also about using proper design elements in relation to the cool vintage things. I appreciate a lot of different design styles and eras as long as they are done properly!

cowboy76

Suspended
MaryDeluxe said:
Actually I get a lot of responses like yours. My style isn't for everyone and I'm not expecting it to be. I like what I like and I collect what I like and I practice good, quality design. ;) No matter what style you are into, it's important to pay attention to design. It's not just about having cool vintage things. It's also about using proper design elements in relation to the cool vintage things. I appreciate a lot of different design styles and eras as long as they are done properly!

Hmm,...sounds like you were a bit insulted? I believe she was simply complimenting you on your home.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
cowboy76 said:
Hmm,...sounds like you were a bit insulted? I believe she was simply complimenting you on your home.

What????? [huh]

I made a statement about my own personal style, what other people say about it and using/making good design choices??? How does that make me insulted????[huh]

:eek:fftopic: I live a vintage lifestyle. If I was easily insulted, I wouldn't live the way I do. I gave up caring and feeling insulted about what other people say and think a long time ago!

cowboy76

Suspended
MaryDeluxe said:
What????? [huh]

I made a statement about my own personal style, what other people say about it and using/making good design choices??? How does that make me insulted????[huh]

:eek:fftopic: I live a vintage lifestyle. If I was easily insulted, I wouldn't live the way I do. I gave up caring and feeling insulted about what other people say and think a long time ago!

It was just an observation, the way it read it sounded like you may have felt upset since you're heard something before concerning your decorating, that's all. I was simply reinforcing her compliments. Its all to easy to misinterpret things on these forums...gets annoying sometimes.

I too live a vintage lifestyle,...I see we share the same concept of the ideas therein. Yep, yesterday a guy asked me if I was going to "some 50's dance",...I said no, and that I was into the 1940s style and that "I dress like this everyday actually,...." his reply was, "huh,everyday huh?" surreal, and strangely annoyed with my response I guess,...you could see it caught him off gaurd. Its weird how people think you're always going to some "event" or something!,....lol

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MaryDeluxe said:
That would be a 1949 Admiral. Non-working but still looking good!:D

Not a very good picture, but I have an old DuMont (about a 1950 or 1952 model). I remember watching this TV as a child, but sometime in the mid-1960's the picture tube went out.

When I saw the photo of your TV, it reminded me a lot of mine.

DSC01360.jpg

cowboy76

Suspended
lite.jpg

Really nice slip-shade chandelier! If you dont mind me asking,how much did it set you back?
A friend of mine, aout 79-80 has two beautiful slip-shade sconces on his wall of his home. I keep teling him I want them!!,....lol

cowboy76

Suspended
living_room2.jpg

Great furniture set!

I've been tinkering with the idea of switching ours. We like it, but I've always much more preferred the big voluptoous couches and chairs such as yours and Mary Deluxe's,....ours is a little thin-like,....hard to describe.

Chas

One Too Many
cowboy76 said:
lite.jpg

Really nice slip-shade chandelier! If you dont mind me asking,how much did it set you back?
A friend of mine, aout 79-80 has two beautiful slip-shade sconces on his wall of his home. I keep teling him I want them!!,....lol

I bought it from a couple who run an antique store in Mission (farming town, about an hour east of Vancouver BC); they have lots of really nice stuff. Total damage: $910 Canadian. That was with taxes & GST.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
MaryDeluxe said:
offtopic: I live a vintage lifestyle. If I was easily insulted, I wouldn't live the way I do. I gave up caring and feeling insulted about what other people say and think a long time ago!

I love your style. If I had more money that's the style I'd do my home in. Right now I've got a little bit of everything....a little bit too much of everything. :eusa_doh:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Mary Deluxe

I think the real key to Mary Deluxe's success with her home is not money, by creativity, persistance and hard work. Most of her nifty furnishings were yard sale finds, and other bargains, and she put a staggering amount of sweat equity into her place, from what she's described. I'm really impressed.

Chas

One Too Many
>>[bad] lol Make that bed!

Hey, it's a home.... yah, I know... it's already done. I was trying to show off the 30s bedframe and the art deco bedside lamp. I should have tidied up before you came over....:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe