Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
No rot on the frame, very clean!

My 2001 Silverado, I bought Sep of 2013, already had the tailgate, gas door, cab corners, and rockers replaced.
I wash and maintain it religiously, but it is my winter vehicle.
The gas door is already shot, the new one came in the mail Friday, and the box floor has rot holes in it, now.

Well, if it runs ok and the frame isn't rotted through....:p

2000s!? Owning cars there must stink. :p

Ford really was ahead of the pack putting them in the front.

So, GM guys, what is the deal with the fuc&ing distributor in the back of the engine, where it is impossible to service? Please explain. And I thought Chrysler was chicken $hit. :p

Levallois

Practically Family
lol lol lol My bicycle will run circles around Triumphs and it is much more reliable. :p

Never had trouble with Triumph reliability and I've owned 6 over the years. Now by saying your bicycle could run circles around a Triumph, do you mean tied on top of your Mustang? :D

Admittedly someone in shape could probably have out run my Triumph Herald convertible - all 48 horsepower of it - on a bicycle but the TRs were fast in their day. The Datsun 2000 is just faster in stock form. All those Class C and D wins weren't a fluke.

Never had trouble with Triumph reliability and I've owned 6 over the years. Now by saying your bicycle could run circles around a Triumph, do you mean tied on top of your Mustang? :D

Admittedly someone in shape could probably have out run my Triumph Herald convertible - all 48 horsepower of it - on a bicycle but the TRs were fast in their day. The Datsun 2000 is just faster in stock form. All those Class C and D wins weren't a fluke.

You must the luckiest Triumph owner I have ever known. My friend had one and it was only good for two weeks out of every month. lol lol We used to say he had his head under the hood more than he had his backside in the seat. :p I meant that I could run circles around the car with a bicycle because, as in my friend's situation, they are standing still quite a bit more----than moving. :p

My great Aunt had a Datsun back in the 70s. It had BIG chrome side pipes and it was really fast. I forget what model it was. It was not a convertible.

Levallois

Practically Family
You must the luckiest Triumph owner I have ever known. My friend had one and it was only good for two weeks out of every month. lol lol We used to say he had his head under the hood more than he had his backside in the seat. :p I meant that I could run circles around the car with a bicycle because, as in my friend's situation, they are standing still quite a bit more----than moving. :p

My great Aunt had a Datsun back in the 70s. It had BIG chrome side pipes and it was really fast. I forget what model it was. It was not a convertible.
Maybe so :) - always bought the best running ones I could find. Your aunt might have had a 240-260Z. Those were very fast! And now highly collectable. Especially for the 1969 240Zs. Unfortunately, they were beat to death back in the day and it's hard to find a decent one anymore.

Maybe so :) - always bought the best running ones I could find. Your aunt might have had a 240-260Z. Those were very fast! And now highly collectable. Especially for the 1969 240Zs. Unfortunately, they were beat to death back in the day and it's hard to find a decent one anymore.

Ah, I see. You waited for the ones that were going to fall apart in the first place to get culled and then you went in for the ones they accidentally made to last. Good idea!

They are collectible now? Makes sense. It was candy apple green. Not my favorite color but I think it was either a 240 or 260 now that you mention it.

Ford and Chevy playing nicely together. :D

e08337ebb2061dc292dcefe0455dfed8.jpg

Looked at this 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive 1986 Suburban today. Really nice, but the guy is asking way to much. Also, maybe I need a pick up, since I already have the Suburban :D

a43be582da1e50b001ee26d70f38feb5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe