Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quetzal

One of the Regulars
Not mine
These are in the Archive of the MOMA

Mid 20s
1525040_600745126627635_1665221378_n.jpg

1526205_600716216630526_1894170217_n.jpg

NOVELTY TIES before WWII?? That's awesome, and I especially like that "Space" Tie!

-Quetzal

Thanks.
A leaf tie (or few) is on my radar. I don't have any leaf pattern ones yet, but I need some.

The knot planned is an excellent example. I like the pattern too, looks like seaweed.

Annixter

Practically Family
Thanks.
A leaf tie (or few) is on my radar. I don't have any leaf pattern ones yet, but I need some.

Today's will be right up your alley then, D. Not only does it have leafs, its knot-planned and tipped. 4" wide by "E&W Cravats." Feels like silk. (The knot area fabric looks damaged in the photo, but it's a wrinkle).

That's a beauty Annixter. Great use of colors.

Cool Hey More. The alternating fat and skinny lines in the key work part give it an Escher-esque feel.

The Good - that tie looks nice as worn. A very formal effect.

HeyMoe

Practically Family
I picked up 5 of them at the local good will - modified them a bit for more current length vs the short 1940s length and wear the ties on a very regular basis. I get more compliments wearing vintage ties than I do the modern ones.

I picked up 5 of them at the local good will - modified them a bit for more current length vs the short 1940s length and wear the ties on a very regular basis. I get more compliments wearing vintage ties than I do the modern ones.

Geez if only I could find them like that out here. I found just one at a garage sale and it has no label but it does have cool stylized flower design. I also found a straw hat for my son crammed into the same bag :doh: Size 7. Perfect for a 6 year old---darn it!:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld