Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I've been searching for vintage yellow ties and I found a couple of nice old Swiss silk ties. They both needed washing, unfortunately - even in cold water - the colours on this one ran a bit. Not too bad though:
swiss-yellow-2_zps2280d3bf.jpg

swiss-yellow-1_zps8bfa9ad3.jpg

The other one survived the wash unscathed, which was a relief!

Congrats on the finds. Hate it about the colors running, red is notorious for it. Looks pretty serviceable still, though.

Autumn leaves?
You're full of surprises.:p

It's a nice one though.

2e57a4f07f29146d04c83ce4d744d715.jpg

Here's some geese flying south to keep with the fall theme.

Last edited:
That one is a very nice fabric! It has a somewhat Asian vibe to it, the way the cloud-like parts of the design are shaded.

DamianM

Vendor
The material looks like a stiff rayon weave, very similar to a couple of my own from the very late 20s-30s.
All the late 20s pieces I own and those that I have handled also have the stitching and label on the neckband as oppose to the label on the tips (some exceptions arise though).

I also see what appears to be a hint of the selvedge on the stitched over edge on the backside and the overall design on it has a early 30s feel.
So I would say yours lands after 1927 or so

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
Maybe because of the more-even shape, compared to 1920s and earlier Four-In-Hands?

-Quetzal

the standardized shape we see today and on this particular neckties was around since the 10s, but without the resilient construction that was introduced in 1923 they wear destroy upon wearing a couple of times. I have some early ones where the seam twists from the center to the back. Very interesting and a bit hard on the necktie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe