Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

MarineDad

New in Town
Here is mine with a slight variation.

View attachment 1020

View attachment 1021

Another variation I just had to have!

Haband Red Leaf.jpg

Haband Red Leaf 2.jpg

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Hello guys,

Here are three ties I thought I'd post;

The first one is by Haband, circa the late 1940's - I found an old advertisement featuring this tie somewhere online, I can't remember where, so I thought I'd post it here; the actual tie isn't quite as bright as the ad shows, it's a lot darker. It's one of my favorites.

003.jpg

I've got this one, too!

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Found this '40s tie at a Salvation Army for $1.99. It looks like it was retrofitted in the '70s to be even wider. I guess the guy really liked the design. I've since taken the new thread out and plan on returning it to it's original dimensions.
CIMG4574_zpse89f858e.jpg

CIMG4575_zps3224ef7c.jpg

Last edited:
Found this '40s tie at a Salvation Army for $1.99. It looks like it was retrofitted in the '70s to be even wider. I guess the guy really liked the design. I've since taken the new thread out and plan on returning it to it's original dimensions.
CIMG4574_zpse89f858e.jpg

CIMG4575_zps3224ef7c.jpg
I like it at that width too. :p You can see more of the pattern. :p However, you are right, it would not have been that wide originally. :p

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
My bf Tom has been needing to update and add to his small wardrobe of ties. Getting two pairs of vintage Hollywood waist trousers recently warranted a trip to CityVintage to look for a couple of 30s or 40s ties. Got two 1930s beauties, my computer is out for repair- will post pics when I get it back and can use iPhoto again.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
My bf Tom has been needing to update and add to his small wardrobe of ties. Getting two pairs of vintage Hollywood waist trousers recently warranted a trip to CityVintage to look for a couple of 30s or 40s ties. Got two 1930s beauties, my computer is out for repair- will post pics when I get it back and can use iPhoto again.

You're on the right track, Carey. As you know, ties are essential when pulling off that vintage, city clothes look. Bravo. -Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld