Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Hello guys,

Here are three ties I thought I'd post;

The first one is by Haband, circa the late 1940's - I found an old advertisement featuring this tie somewhere online, I can't remember where, so I thought I'd post it here; the actual tie isn't quite as bright as the ad shows, it's a lot darker. It's one of my favorites.

003.jpg

006.jpg

(The first one in this trio)
haband.jpg

Second is from the late 1940's or early 1950's; unfortunately, it's unlabeled. I bought it from the "Bobby from Boston" warehouse some of you guys may know about or have been to. Really nice summery tie; looks swell with baby-blue Hollywood slacks. I used my scanner to acquire these images, so you can't see the whole tie, but the dark blue is the top, the grid w/ shells is the bottom.

005.jpg

And lastly is a hand-painted number by"Andre of California". A big, ol', cuddly looking grizzly bear - very Californian indeed!

007.jpg

008.jpg

Boy you hit it out of the park with all of those---especailly the Haband. Andre was an interesting tie maker out here. He made several of the Bottoms Up ties and such. Lots of Hand Painted subjects too.

phebus

One of the Regulars
Love that Haband! It has given me inspiration to share the Haband I found this weekend while thrift shopping.

IMG_5833.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

IMG_5837.jpg

This close up of the leaf shows the nice underlying pattern

IMG_5841.jpg

Here is mine with a slight variation.

View attachment 1020

View attachment 1021
That is the fun thing with vintage ties. Once in a while you can find a pattern that is done in different colors. Some patterns had five different color iterations. That was great if you had a favorite tie---just get five of the same pattern in different colors and you have your wardrobe covered. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe