Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

shindeco

A-List Customer
More Green Ties

I love green ties. I finally got around to taking a couple of pictures.

greenties1.jpg

greenties2.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
The Green 30's tie...

Well, this is the one I picked up over the weekend... what do you gents think?

greentieln7.jpg

There is no labels and on a scale from 1 to 10 I'd give it an 8 in condition. These are my favorite shades of green!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
If I have a 39" neck... well, let's just say I would stay inside and never come outlol

I love the short 30's ties... they're so fun to wear flapping in the breeze. People tell me... buddy, you're tie is too short... then I reply: Where's your tie hummmmmm?

Yes, the colors on mine are pretty rich. I was so surprised to find that tie where I did. Aardvark's isn't getting as good ties as they used to! Well, that location isn't anyway.

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Man, so many beautiful ties... I'm going to die of ties here! lol

Mr. Jones... I really like the green one second from the right... just to the right of the floral print! I think that one is really swell!

Tie collections do grow... I always walk out of a vintage shop with one tie if I don't find something that fits me. lol It's really easy to find them here... we'll have to take ya shopping HJ when you're here for the QM! ;)

=WR=

PS. Mr. Brown, I really dig the dark blue one with the yellow and cream falling squares!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wild Root said:
Man, so many beautiful ties... I'm going to die of ties here! lol

Mr. Jones... I really like the green one second from the right... just to the right of the floral print! I think that one is really swell!

Tie collections do grow... I always walk out of a vintage shop with one tie if I don't find something that fits me. lol It's really easy to find them here... we'll have to take ya shopping HJ when you're here for the QM! ;)

=WR=
You were the one who encouraged me to buy vintage in the first place! ;)
BTW, that green tie was dead stock with the tags and price on it when I got it (I felt guilty taking them off). If you look closely you can see the little fold where the paper tag was. I haven't worn it yet.

I like the red tie because it matches nearly everything.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hemingway Jones said:
You were the one who encouraged me to buy vintage in the first place! ;)

Really? Wow, that's cool... I'm glad I've been a positive influence in some regard. :D

JP is right, the one on the far right is a really nice one... the color is beautiful and would go with a dark brown suit, blue or black... maybe even a dark gray!:eek: Who would have thought! lol And, yes, even an olive green suit!

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
The green ties are swell! Also, that palm tree tie is really swell!

I'm going to take some photos tonight of some of my Towncraft ties as I mentioned earlier in this thread!

=WR=

Feraud

Bartender
My humble submission..
Picture5405.jpg

Notice the red with white polka dot tie on the end... I was severely distressed to see what someone did to this tie. Can you believe that was intentional? I bought it out of pity and to save it from being worn around some tattooed girl's waist. :(

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wild Root said:
Really? Wow, that's cool... I'm glad I've been a positive influence in some regard. :D

JP is right, the one on the far right is a really nice one... the color is beautiful and would go with a dark brown suit, blue or black... maybe even a dark gray!:eek: Who would have thought! lol And, yes, even an olive green suit!

=WR=
It's true, my friend. It was all you.

jamespowers said:
You really need a compliment on the one on the far right. Now that is a tie. If the color is true, I could see wearing that with my black double breasted suit. :eusa_clap Top drawer!

Regards,

J
Thank you, Mr. Powers, and Daisy will be happy to hear that because she bought it for me. She surprised me with it from one of her vintage shopping sprees.

I'll bring it to QM. If I don't wear it, I'll lend it to the Monkey!:eek: :D

Feraud

Bartender
Hemingway Jones said:
Feraud, I really like the one with the star.
Do you really? Thank you. I wear it because I would feel a lot worse having it sit in my closet than I do looking down and seeing the star.
In the words of my wife,"don't look down." lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally