Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here's a couple of new acquisitions from OFAS.

69_1.JPG
42_1.JPG

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here's yet another had from OFAS. They say it's a Stellar Vu=intage Towncraft. Personally I think it's fantastic looking. I was ut bid on another towncraft that would have been a great swing tie. Such is life though, I was meant to have this one since I was the only bidder.

1e_1.JPG

I can't wait to try this one on.

Oh, and yes Mr. Root, I am happy with these.:)

Cheers!

Dan

Wild Root

Gone Home
DanielJones said:
Here's yet another had from OFAS. They say it's a Stellar Vu=intage Towncraft. Personally I think it's fantastic looking. I was ut bid on another towncraft that would have been a great swing tie. Such is life though, I was meant to have this one since I was the only bidder.

1e_1.JPG

I can't wait to try this one on.

Oh, and yes Mr. Root, I am happy with these.:)

Cheers!

Dan

Now, that's a sweet looking Towncraft! I really like that tie! I have some really neat Towncraft ties in my collection... I should post some photos of them soon.

You did really good Dan!

Say, BK, those wool hand knit jobs are kind of rare now... I was finding them a lot back in the day (1997-2001) I haven't found any really anywhere as of late... I did find a beautiful 30's rayon dark to light green plaid tie at Aardvarks yesterday for $2. bucks! It's in great shape and such sweet shades of dark green to light green with white details! I'll have to post a photo of that one too.

=WR=

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Wild Root said:
Now, that's a sweet looking Towncraft! I really like that tie! I have some really neat Towncraft ties in my collection... I should post some photos of them soon.

You did really good Dan!

=WR=

Why thank you WR, that is most kind. I for one would love to see the Towncrafts you have.

Cheers!

Dan

Wild Root said:
I did find a beautiful 30's rayon dark to light green plaid tie at Aardvarks yesterday for $2. bucks! It's in great shape and such sweet shades of dark green to light green with white details! I'll have to post a photo of that one too.

=WR=

Aardvark's, eh. Sounds like a nice tie.

Did i ever post a pic of my green plaid one? It's pretty cool. One of that 3 dozen i got from the lady in Crawfordsville. Must check back through this thread to find out. If not, i will. GUYS, SHOW US YOUR GREEN TIES!!!!

bk

Wild Root

Gone Home
DanielJones said:
Why thank you WR, that is most kind. I for one would love to see the Towncrafts you have.

Cheers!

Dan

You're welcome Dan!

Well, I'd be happy to display some of my Towncrafts, just need to go through my ties and find them all!lol

Baron Kurtz said:
Aardvark's, eh. Sounds like a nice tie.

Did i ever post a pic of my green plaid one? It's pretty cool. One of that 3 dozen i got from the lady in Crawfordsville. Must check back through this thread to find out. If not, i will. GUYS, SHOW US YOUR GREEN TIES!!!!

bk

It is a nice tie! I'm dieing to wear it with something... I don't have much green which is the problem... I may wear it with my light green "Bing Crosby" shirt and some ivory trousers... that would look sharp!

Yes, I agree... SHOW US YOUR GREEN TIES:D

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Brown, tan, light grays are good... it really all depends on the shade of such colors. Well, also a light green suit would be perfect! We all know how there are so much of those around though:rolleyes: lol I recall a beautiful early 40's double breasted suit a friend had for sale once... it was a very nice jade/gray type of green color that was popular in the 40's... it would have looked perfect with my tie! But, alas, it was a size 40 reg... not going to fit and the price tag didn't fit either.lol

Soon as I get my double breasted "Palm Beach" suit back from the tailors and have the pants tailored, that green tie would look so nice with it!;)

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
Ah, tomorrow maybe, if I find the time. And if non-vintage is permitted.

Well, green ties we're wanting to see are vintage ones. This is a vintage tie thread so, yes... vintage please!

Mr. Brown, you have some very, very fine ties! Keep'em coming!;)

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally