Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I'm fairly conservative in the ties that I wear- stripes, dots, patterns, and the occassional paisley. These are a few of my favorite vintage ties that I picked up during the summer:
CIMG4186.jpg

These two are from American Vintage Classics:
CIMG4187.jpg

CIMG4189.jpg

My gf helped pick out this green polka dotted one (she thinks it's very Sinatra):
69ad466f.jpg

And she gave me this one for my birthday:
CIMG4188.jpg

I received this deadstock Brooks Bros. from one of the former designers from Ralph Lauren. He uses a lot of vintage ties to rig mannequins to show looks to the buyers (dept. stores and stuff)
CIMG4191.jpg

CIMG4193.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
69ad466f.jpg

Ray, this one is rare! Green polka-dot ties are rare! I have a green polka-dot bowtie from the 40's, it's very Bing Crosby!

I love all ties from the 20's to the 50's, they're all works of art and each ones have neat qualities and designs. I can't say what I like most because my taste changes with my moods... some times I want to dress late 40's so, a belly warmer deco print or hand paint is perfect for that. Or some times I want to dress real depression era so, a brocade or a patterned woven tie is great... I love all my ties! I love color and patterns, the more outrageous the better! I love ties that are mostly associated with the 30's or 40's. Love to look at a tie and not have to guess, you can see it a crossed the room and the colors and patterns shout either 30's or 40's! lol

=WR=

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
No. Daniel's first one ...

bk

Sorry BK, I got moved into this section. I would have to agree that it isn't vintage but it does have some nice Art Deco flair to it. But, here is another offering I got off of Elwood-Bay. Hope it makes up for th first one.;)
8b_1.JPG

Cheers!

Dan

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
69ad466f.jpg

Ray, this one is rare! Green polka-dot ties are rare! I have a green polka-dot bowtie from the 40's, it's very Bing Crosby!

I love all ties from the 20's to the 50's, they're all works of art and each ones have neat qualities and designs. I can't say what I like most because my taste changes with my moods... some times I want to dress late 40's so, a belly warmer deco print or hand paint is perfect for that. Or some times I want to dress real depression era so, a brocade or a patterned woven tie is great... I love all my ties! I love color and patterns, the more outrageous the better! I love ties that are mostly associated with the 30's or 40's. Love to look at a tie and not have to guess, you can see it a crossed the room and the colors and patterns shout either 30's or 40's! lol

=WR=

Wow! Thanks for informing me! Katharine and I picked it because we thought it looked nice- now I'd better not spill gravy on it!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, you shouldn't spill anything on any tie for that matter;) Most here find the color green to be very hard to find. I have been lucky in finding green ties but, they're hard to come by.

I could see that tie with the suit you're wearing in your avatar! Or, maybe even that belted back RL coat you posted in another thread... that would look very sharp!

=WR=

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Wild Root said:
MAN:eek: DIG THAT CRAZY TIE ON THE FAR RIGHT!!! Ok, I want that one and well, all of them really! Ever think of selling any, give me a ring Mr. Brown!

=WR=

Who would've thought a wild color like that was used sixty years ago!

As for selling it............I've just decided I want to be wearing that one when they stick me six feet under...lol

Wild Root

Gone Home
Quigley Brown said:
Who would've thought a wild color like that was used sixty years ago!

As for selling it............I've just decided I want to be wearing that one when they stick me six feet under...lol

Ah, MAN!lol Leave it with me, it will have a good home!;)

=WR=

Barry

Practically Family
bties.jpg

I don't know if I really like the Haband tie on the far left as much as I did when I first saw it. I think the red and blue tie is my favorite.

Barry

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
Looks very similar to the navy one here third from the right:

It's a pretty good 50s pattern, regardless of when it was made. ;)

Those are some sharp looking ties you have there Hemingway.

And Quigley, I dig on that 'Shazam!' Tie on the far right.
necktie1.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally