Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

The neat thing about this is how it is tapered to slide into the tie between the liner. I've tried to iron vintage ties before and the thing that was always dicey was pressing down too hard and then the liner and the back seam would show up on the front. This little jewel eliminates that problem by sliding into the tie.

fedoralover

It is a nice thing to have isn't it? :D You just have to be careful not to burn your hands on it. They get pretty darned hot.
I also use mine on the outside of the tie to help steam out some of the wrinkles. The narrow end can present a problem on very thin ties though.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Found a bagfull at the Goodwill today...a mix of 1930s and early 40s. They were in average condition.

File0027100.jpg
[/IMG]

File0026100.jpg
[/IMG]

ponies100.jpg
[/IMG]

in/y

One of the Regulars
Thanks for pointing out the ebay listings. They will be under serious consideration once I find out if they indeed do heat up. I like the price on the first one too though the "economy" shipping of $12.99 (more than the cost of the iron) is a bit steep.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Another handpainted one I picked up. Just the way I like them, BRIGHT! I have a few tie clasps with the butterfly wing background with a similar tropical scene to go with it.

KGrHqYOKo8E3tCHLBqBOE3ct4Vww0_3.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

fedoralover

Another handpainted one I picked up. Just the way I like them, BRIGHT! I have a few tie clasps with the butterfly wing background with a similar tropical scene to go with it.

DSCN0572.jpg

fedoralover

Nice tie and tie shark. Be careful it doesn't bite the tie. :D
I like my ties bright as well. What is the use of wearing a somber tie unless you are going to a funeral or in the casket? :p

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Nice tie and tie shark. Be careful it doesn't bite the tie. :D
I like my ties bright as well. What is the use of wearing a somber tie unless you are going to a funeral or in the casket? :p

My sentiments exactly JP.

I like matching the tie's with tie clips when I can. Here's another one I got to match up with the desert scene.
DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

fedoralover

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

DSCN0572.jpg

fedoralover

My sentiments exactly JP.

I like matching the tie's with tie clips when I can. Here's another one I got to match up with the desert scene.
DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

fedoralover

Man, a couple of nice ties, fedoralover, and tie clips. Keep 'em coming...(By the way, any labels on them?)

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
I've seen this brand on here before, but I dunno that much about them. This is one I got for 1$ yesterday.
001-12.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture. You can make out the Wembley name, but the instructions are: For brown, green or black suit.

002-3.jpg

On the smaller white tag it reads:50% Acrylic 35% Wool 15% Nylon Polymer. On the flip side it reads: Imported French fabric.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
It looks like maybe late '70s, judging by style and label. Wembley is an old manufacturer; they go back at least to the early '40s, and their symbol was a butterfly. For many years their labels indicated what color suit(s) to wear with the tie. I especially like their thinner ties from the latter part of the '50s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld