Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Hemingway Jones said:
Has anyone ever had any trouble with sending vintage ties to the cleaners, as in has the material every deteriorated? Just curious.

I have really only had a problem once and that was on my honeymoon believe it or not. I sent the tie to the hotel cleaners to be cleaned. It came back in tatters. Needless to say I was mad. They did quite a bit of cleaning and mending of other clothes to make up for it---free. :p

Regards to all,

J

Zach R.

Practically Family
Just picked these up on the bay, seller says they are from the 40s, what do you think?
c4_1.JPG

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Zach R. said:
Just picked these up on the bay, seller says they are from the 40s, what do you think?

these are difficult to date as they looked very similar all the way into the 60s. if they have any labels it would be great if you could show some pics !

shindeco

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
To me, the color combinations and stripe widths say "1930s". If any of these ties have labels, we can check the label designs to find out.

In all my years of tie collecting, I've never found a good reference book/source for tie labels. This seems the perfect opportunity to send out a general inquiry--anyone know of one?

Zach R.

Practically Family
herringbonekid said:
these are difficult to date as they looked very similar all the way into the 60s. if they have any labels it would be great if you could show some pics !

As soon as they come in, I'll snap some pics of the labels if they have any.

The seller said that they came from a backroom in some place where they were originally made, so they may not have labels, but we'll see.

Zach R.

Practically Family
Zach R. said:
As soon as they come in, I'll snap some pics of the labels if they have any.

The seller said that they came from a backroom in some place where they were originally made, so they may not have labels, but we'll see.

And, I was right. No labels. They do look a lot better than in the picture though, and they are most assuredly rayon(and have a nice sheen to them that isn't readily noticable in the picture as well).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally