Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

DamianM

Vendor
Its in the classifieds
il_570xN.559631912_rn9h.jpg

Nice Ritter. Interesting find.

The Town craft with the thistle/kelp looking pattern really speaks to me. Congrats on that.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Annixter

Practically Family
Another nice one! I am going to have to go to places you have been hunting around here. :p

Thanks. These are from the last half-year hunting, and I always get the suspicion that we are hunting the same ground. When I luck out and show up at a thrift store on the day of an accessories delivery with a box of fresh ties still hot on the ground yet I fail to discover a single vintage, I assume the elusive JP has struck gold and left me with the polyesters.:p That just happened last week. I showed up at a Salvation Army to find two large boxes slithering with ties. Out of about 100 ties . . . nothing.

Thanks. These are from the last half-year hunting, and I always get the suspicion that we are hunting the same ground. When I luck out and show up at a thrift store on the day of an accessories delivery with a box of fresh ties still hot on the ground yet I fail to discover a single vintage, I assume the elusive JP has struck gold and left me with the polyesters.:p That just happened last week. I showed up at a Salvation Army to find two large boxes slithering with ties. Out of about 100 ties . . . nothing.

I didn't get over 1,000 ties from not looking. :p

Annixter

Practically Family
Here's an interesting tie that i picked up on Ebay for 99p. It's got 4 different colours and patterns, (which the photo doesn't show all that well) Never seen a tie like this before.

Looks like a three- or four-side reversible to me. I've seen a two-side reversible where the wide end is double-faced, but I've never seen one with two double-faced wide ends. Seems like you'd have to be spot on tying it so you don't get unsightly edges sticking out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe