Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

cowboy76

Suspended
Oh I totally forgot!!!

I'm looking for ANY vintage neckties that have the seller's/makers tag on the inside that reads the town from where it was sold or made,...I'm looking for ties with the town "Nanticoke, PA" on them. There were two on ebay a while back and I bookmarked it,...they never sold and somehow they got deleated from my bookmarks!!!:mad: :(

Any help to this would be greatly appreciated!!:)

It's always interesting to find a tie that can be accurately dated. I've not come across a NRA one before. Several with 1937 union tags, but not NRA.

Most of your ties on show are the ones i hate. Eachto their own. I focus on the middle 1930s ones that are so common in thrift stores i the midwest. i generally give away the 40s ones i accumulate. You have an impressive collection! I'm approaching 200 from the 1930s.

bk

p.s. I suspect you're on a hiding to nothing, or a very long wait re: your request. if they're from the town you live in, you're far more likely tha anyone else to come across them. have you tried placing a "want" ad in your local newspaper, or just sticking up some posters around town?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Pete- you've an NRA tie now. Check the ribbed yellow one I sent. It has an NRA tag, but it's sewn so that it's not immediately apparent.

cowboy76

Suspended
Baron Kurtz said:
It's always interesting to find a tie that can be accurately dated. I've not come across a NRA one before. Several with 1937 union tags, but not NRA.

Most of your ties on show are the ones i hate. Eachto their own. I focus on the middle 1930s ones that are so common in thrift stores i the midwest. i generally give away the 40s ones i accumulate. You have an impressive collection! I'm approaching 200 from the 1930s.

bk

p.s. I suspect you're on a hiding to nothing, or a very long wait re: your request. if they're from the town you live in, you're far more likely tha anyone else to come across them. have you tried placing a "want" ad in your local newspaper, or just sticking up some posters around town?

Yes, I've actually thought about putting a want ad out for them back around my old town,...we'll see. I think I'll got for it.
As far as 1930s ties, yes I actually have quite a few of those,..sorry I didnt picture those more.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I have more than enough ties,...

But for 3 bucks I couldn't pass this one up. :)
Wabbitseason.jpg
[/IMG]

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Feraud said:
Not sure about the age of the wool one. Seems later than 30s. It has very little liner and the label says Macbeth Made In Scotland.

Below left is a version of the Macbeth clan tartan. It is like the tie but more subued. Therefore 'Macbeth' (we're not in a theatre) is probably the clan name, not the maker's name.
0679k4MacBeth.gif
DSC02585.jpg

I wouldn't try to date that tie by its construction - traditional manufacturers in Scotland (and England) still make them in the old way.
Alan

Jay

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
I am glad they didn't end up being a quilt or cover. :eek: :p

Quilt! That's what that word was. I thought it said juice. Now it makes sense...

Anyhow, swell collection of ties. Nice assortment, and lots of pretty colors. As always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe