Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Feraud

Bartender
Laughing Magpie said:
Also, what colour jacket would you wear orange & green like this with??

Jen
I would stick to the earthtones. Brown tweed, herringbone, etc. Even a cream linen suit will look good with those colors.

Laughing Magpie

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the advice, Feraud!

Dinerman: Thank you! The orange/rust one was my first vintage tie and I love it very much.

imoldfashioned: Yes - 'G' is my last initial. That was definitely something that drew me to the handkerchief :)

Jen

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
More vintage ties

Got another batch in the mail today. These are the good ones (some were '60s and '70s, some were trashed) out of the bunch.

lastscan2-1.jpg

lastscan1-1.jpg

lastscan10-1.jpg

lastscan3-1.jpg

lastscan5-1.jpg

lastscan6-1.jpg

lastscan7-1.jpg

lastscan8-1.jpg

lastscan11-1.jpg

lastscan4-1.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Baron- what're your opinions of the third one? It's cut like my '20s ties, narrow and very short, but the pattern is, um, different.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
nope, no label, and the fabric is like nothing I have either. Not wool, not silk, not linen. Very finely woven, but it has a bit of a coarse texture, if that makes any sense.
It's a lot less yellow than it turned out. The background's more of a parchment color, and the orange is more pumpkin-y than traffic cone.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
This one is shot. Big ol' mothbites, but the label is really cool.

lastscan-2.jpg

And this one (forgot this one) makes your eyes hurt to look at. Those wacky '30s fabric designers.
lastscan9-1.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Even more vintage ties

Got another shipment in. I love being able to wear these things. Mostly '30s, so I was able to get them for next to nothing.

26.jpg

11.jpg

1.jpg

22.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I love the grayco, as well, especially how it has that built in tie clip on the back.

The brown and yellow one (the last big picture) is pretty wild. Really heavy weight silk, and fully lined in silk. Feels expensive.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Dinerman, as a guy that prefers '30s ties to '40s (but can appreciate both), I have to say that I am jealous of the ties and the remarkable ease with which you seem to find them!

Be careful, or a stiff wind'll come along and whip 'em right offa yer neck! :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe