Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Those mess up vintage tie fabrics. You want to keep those away. They bite like a shark. Those are better for hair or shoe clips. :p

They don't harm the tie at all if you clip them under the shirt. I've used them for many years with no damage. It's only when someone clips them onto the tie that you see the latter inching itself closer to necktie heaven...

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^No reason to tell myself that which is already true...And as regards the '70s ties, wasn't the one you gave me ugly enough (in your estimation) to protect me for at least another year from an onslaught of Towncraft polyester ties, wide enough to use as sandwich plates, and thick enough to withstand the fiercest tie sharks??

phebus

One of the Regulars
Picked this up today. I assumed it was from the 70's. It's 53.5" long and 4" wide.
It has a WPL number under the little tag. I read online that WPL numbers were issued from 1941-1959. This tie can't be that old can it? Besides, it's polyester and I didn't think that material showed up until the 60's?

goldenemblem.jpg

goldenemblemclose.jpg

^^No reason to tell myself that which is already true...And as regards the '70s ties, wasn't the one you gave me ugly enough (in your estimation) to protect me for at least another year from an onslaught of Towncraft polyester ties, wide enough to use as sandwich plates, and thick enough to withstand the fiercest tie sharks??

No. You could always use more 70s ties. Not me but you. :p

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
wow thats eye poppin!

Here's two 'woolies' I picked up earlier this week in a 4 for a pound offer at my local charity shop, the other two were two 80's silks in retro 40's/50's style;
2441heu.jpg
23lmo9t.jpg

2n9bnd.jpg
1zcis06.jpg

2uic9ra.jpg

The Munrospun is 51" long with a 2 5/8" wide tip, the Cashmere wool one which looks very like a Tootal to me (TT?) is 47" long with a 3 1/8" tip.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Not likely to be Tootal. I have only seen rayon and cotton tootal ties (before their use of Trevira etc). But yes, very similar in terms of shape and weight, i would say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe