Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I've never heard of this label before.....

peacock1.jpg
[/IMG]

peacock2.jpg
[/IMG]

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
An egregious example of the kind of casual racism of the era.

congoclothtie.jpg

That is pretty bad, even for then. Good thing it's not too large of an image.

Another fantastic handpained by "Linde". I've come to the conclusion that Linde was one of the best of the handpainters of ties in CA.

Angry Pheasant
pheasantbylindetie.jpg

Yes, Linde had some beautiful ones.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
One of the few non-vintage ties that I own (and would actually wear)...This was made by what appears to have been a local company called Angel Eyes Design. I found 4-5 of them at the local Goodwill, with original price tags still on them. The fabric (which has a cotton feel to it) is thin, and the red diagonal piece is actually sewn on to the rest of the tie. c.1990s(?).
Photoon2012-10-23at1646-1.jpg

One of the few non-vintage ties that I own (and would actually wear)...This was made by what appears to have been a local company called Angel Eyes Design. I found 4-5 of them at the local Goodwill, with original price tags still on them. The fabric (which has a cotton feel to it) is thin, and the red diagonal piece is actually sewn on to the rest of the tie. c.1990s(?).
Photoon2012-10-23at1646-1.jpg

Probably newer than that but it could be that old with the old name on it:
http://www.etsy.com/people/angelafrankiefour

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
There were several nice ties by him but there were also some other artists such as J. Galet and others:
il_570xN.201369671.jpg

il_570xN.201369873.jpg

Better than what artists pint now out here. Those Che on velvet just ain't exactly the same thing. :p

I have some Galets, but this one is totally different in style than the ones I have (they are the widest ties I own, too.)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am sorry folks. I still think 99% of all hand painted ties are ugly [huh]
I am an illustrator and graphic designer so I should all be FOR hand painting and drawing but not really.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I am sorry folks. I still think 99% of all hand painted ties are ugly [huh]
I am an illustrator and graphic designer so I should all be FOR hand painting and drawing but not really.

I've never stated it before, but I have to agree. They don't appeal to me at all. Too ... craftsy or something.

I will defend to the death, however, the rights of those who choose to own and even wear them.

Yes, I bought them from eBay a couple weeks ago as a BIN lot for $4.99! With $8 shipping to the UK, I'm rather a happy chappy.

bk

You should be. That was indeed a good deal. :eusa_clap
Better than plain, bland striped ties. Geez, I hate striped ties. They remind me of some school uniform ties. No pizzazz. No character. You could also get in trouble with them as military units have their own stripe patterns. Buy a vintage stripe tie and you could instantly be impersonating an officer. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe