Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Found these for two bucks a piece at a local Salvation Army.
I believe the same gentleman owned this group. The local SA never has a decent vintage men's tie.
051.jpg

Goodness, those are all a great find for your style. :)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Found these for two bucks a piece at a local Salvation Army.
I believe the same gentleman owned this group. The local SA never has a decent vintage men's tie.
051.jpg

050.jpg

046.jpg

045.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

An interesting entry on Viyella material and William Hollins and Co.

044.jpg

049.jpg

I would be very happy to own all (or any) of these ties. Well done. About a month ago I had a similar find in a charity shop - five good mid-20th century ties that I guess had all belonged to one man.

Meanwhile, this is my latest find. It is a silk by T.M. Lewin. It is probably the longest tie I own. The feel of the silk reminds me of a very similar 1940s tie I own. The label is certainly not a modern 'Lewin' label. But the length and the shape make me think it relatively modern (by 'modern' I mean 1970s or a bit later). Is anyone familiar with the style of the label and have any idea when they changed label designs (I know the modern ones have the date the company started)?

lewinstripes.jpg

lewinlabel.jpg

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
No not entirely, it came into a local shop along with a load of other gents clothes that according to the lady in the shop " was all bought whilst the ladies husband was still working, and he retired in 1978" also Anthony Haines didn't exist until 1975 although Vardoc did, Anthony Haines are still going I believe...I'll get in touch with them to see if they can date it better!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe