Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Just won this $5 lot of 30 vintage ties. I think there are a couple pretty interesting ones out of the lot.
dsc05288.jpg

dsc05287.jpg

dsc05286.jpg

dsc05285.jpg

dsc05284.jpg

dsc05283.jpg

dsc05150.jpg

dsc05148.jpg

dsc05147.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I see a lot of tie laundering and ironing in your future. :p
There are some nice 40s examples in there and some fairly early examples as well. I hope they are in good condition.

What do you think about the square bottom clip-ons? My first instinct is that they're '20s or so- the kind that would go with high stiff collars. But I guess until I have them in my hands I won't know for sure. The rest of the ties, if they pan out condition-wise, would seem to make the whole thing worth it, with that kind of price on the lot.

What do you think about the square bottom clip-ons? My first instinct is that they're '20s or so- the kind that would go with high stiff collars. But I guess until I have them in my hands I won't know for sure. The rest of the ties, if they pan out condition-wise, would seem to make the whole thing worth it, with that kind of price on the lot.

The square bottom ones maybe but we cannot see how they attach in those pictures.
The first three pictures have some that look to be about 1920 or so.
They certainly were a decent buy even for half that amount of ties. :D:eusa_clap

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Good day today.

3 pleated ties, excellent condition. Only the brown one has a tag: Penney's Towncraft
047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

While the front of this one isn't anything special, the back sure is.
052.jpg

053.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe