Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
They're all over out here too.[huh]

I think we can all look back and remember all the things we didn't buy. It was all so plentiful that you'd just buy as much as you felt like. All the hats, DB suits, etc. I left at the Salvation Army or going through old widows' closets and just picking out the things that matched the mood I was in that particular day. I've sort of gotten to know the tastes of most of the long-time members here, so now if I come across something vintage not particular to my taste, but maybe someone else's here, I'll consider buying it for them.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Ok, it's not vintage, but...

...a student gave it to me for Christmas, so I'm wearing it today at school. J.T. Beckett, made in USA, all silk. It does have that retro-Bold Look to it, though.

Photo7-1.jpg

kools

Practically Family
I also like it for the same reason. So many of my vintage ties are quite loud...and while I am completely okay with that, I am always also on teh lookout for the ones that do not scream for attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe